• Register Today It's free!

Factory Amp??

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
I have a 94 XLT with the typical DIN style factory Cassette HU, and no factory sub. I have been reading on this forum about some Explorers with factory amps built in, and people having trouble with installing aftermarket HU's and their speakers. Im looking to replace my HU and all 4 speakers. Im just wondering wich Explorers have this and will it be a problem for my 94?, if so how can u remove or bypass it??

Any info is greatly appreciated... Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, you have one. You need to pull the rear hatch panel on the passanger side to bypass it. you can either buy a bypass harness, or you can match the wires up from a diagram here, and solder or use a connector like a bullet. Or you could rewire the door speakers from the HU. Thats probablt the "best" solution.

Thanks for the help, u know of where u can get a Bybass harness, im not really to keen on rerouting the door speakers

Crutchfield sells them, but if you call some local audio shops you can probably get one cheaper.

thanks again!...ill look around or just order one from crutchfeild....

I had a problem with my after market deck not working because of the stock amp, in my 94 it was in the drivers side panel in the very back, same place the rear windows fluid goes, and the jack and tire iron, anyway my friend was hooking my deck up and

my friend says this is what he did, on the wiring harness that goes into the car that you hook into the deck, there should be a blue wire with a white stripe, that should be an amp power remote wire for the stock car speaker amplifier, what you do is take that wire and the power ignition wire, and connect all of those, so on the harness it will be the red wire and blue and white stripe wire twisted together, and connect them to the red ignition wire coming from the deck.

and if thats not clear then im not retyping it cause i typed it how he told me too ;]

..i think ill just order me up one of them crutchfeild harnesses when i order my speakers in a few weeks, it comes with harness adapters and the Factory amp bypass for super easy installation, But thanks for the tip.

Back