• Register Today It's free!

Factory Navigation Radio

DJA

Reaction score
City, State
sellersburg IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Quick question regarding the factory navigation radio in our recently purchased 07 Mountaineer premier. The dealer cleaned the disk and said that the navigation unit was reading it as it did appear to be when I picked it up. Now it doesn't seem to be reading it. I think it's just scratched up as the dealer said it was quite dirty and the original version from 07. Before I invest in a new updated disk ($150 or so it appears) I was wondering just how well the factory navigation works. Does it have spoken turn by turn direction? I can get a new GPS unit with lifetime map updates for less than $100, but might drop the coin for a new disk if I thought it was a reliable unit.

Thanks for any feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my CD from an ebay guy and it works fine. The unit does give turn by turn directions displayed and by voice.

what is so special that these disks cant be copied and everyone must pay $100+ for new updated maps.... it sounds like serous BS to me

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to try and get a newer(ish) disk from ebay and see how well it works. I am just hesitant to invest anything in it not knowing how well it works compared to a newer TomTom or Garmin. If anyone knows where to get the newest 13P update for less than $150 on amazon or Ebay I'm all ears.

There "may" be some places (cough bittorrent cough cough) that you can download it and burn your own...

I just got P13 off eBay for $99, original version for my 06.
Works very well.
I do not like those attachable units, prefer built in.

Back