4pointslow

Explorer Torture Tester
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gloucester City, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 2Dr,2,000 & 04 4dr xlt
I have been filling my 5R55S with a suction pump and the little adaptor.
What a pain in the a$$.
I am looking into a pressurized filler to make things easier, and cleaner. Damn driveway has all kinds of fluid stains on it now.
Has anyone used one of the pressurized transmission filler tools off eBay?

Attachments

• filler adaptor.jpg
    filler adaptor.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 351
  • suction pump.jpg
    suction pump.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 342
  • sealy filler.jpg
    sealy filler.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 307

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Motive Products

I had a Motive products pressurized brake bleeder that has seemed to hold up so I went with another one to use for transmission filling. After ordering a brake bleeder one I found one made for transmission filling. Oh well, I will adapt this one for trans filling by adding a valve. Still has got to better than using the suction pump I was using.

Attachments

• power bleeder filler.jpg
    power bleeder filler.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 323
  • Power filler.jpg
    Power filler.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 330

Sure, they work great. But one of the $10 hand pumps that fit on the bottle work just as well, since it's not a job you do every day (for most people).

Bottle screw on pump

I was looking at the screw on type pumps that fit on the bottles. My first thought was that would be a lot cleaner than the suction pump I was using.
But then having recently added 6 quarts after installing a used transmission I was thinking that all that pumping was wearing me out.

I plan to drop the pan and change the filter on this used trans, then rebuild the original trans and put it back in. I guess I will get some usage out of this fluid filler.

sure, they work great. But one of the $10 hand pumps that fit on the bottle work just as well, since it's not a job you do every day (for most people).

+1

5R55S has a plugged hole, a 1/4-inch pipe plug, I think, located at right rear of transmission case, above the oil pan parting line, through which hole, the entire fluid fill may be made. :)

imp

Hole

5R55S has a plugged hole, a 1/4-inch pipe plug, I think, located at right rear of transmission case, above the oil pan parting line, through which hole, the entire fluid fill may be made. :)

imp

I thought I saw that hole in a picture but did not see it when looking at the transmission when it was on the transmission jack on the floor. I have two transmissions now(a 2003 and 2004) so I will check the one that is not in the truck to see if I can find it.

Hole

If the hole is there it is behind the tag, hiding. lol.
I read that it was done away with at some point due to the transmissions being overfilled through that hole (up to the hole).
Here is the picture.

Attachments

• Transmission hole.jpg
    Transmission hole.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,343

I have been filling my 5R55S with a suction pump and the little adaptor.
What a pain in the a$$.
I am looking into a pressurized filler to make things easier, and cleaner. Damn driveway has all kinds of fluid stains on it now.
Has anyone used one of the pressurized transmission filler tools off eBay?
I bought the cheapo fluid pump that you attach to a drill from O'Reilly and then cut off the tip of a Ole Lucas bottle it spins into the threads.

Back