Finally have 2 Kicker L7 12s and Kicker 1200.1 installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally have 2 Kicker L7 12s and Kicker 1200.1 installed

Mista808

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
They sound amazing. I was not thinking they would sound this good. The Kicker amp also comes with the bass knob and I had the install guy install it just down below where I also have my security I-Lock installed. It sounds incredible in my truck and even at really high volumes does not seem to have any rattle issues in the cabin. And when I get out the only thing that rattles is my hatch knob and it's not even bad enough to take much notice to or to even worry much about. I had tons of looks yesterday and finally I have the setup I've long been waiting for....

I still have some stuff I want to get for my system but here's what I have now installed

Pioneer 7700MP Head Unit
4 Infiniti 6 1/2s
2 Kicker L7 12s Solo Baric
Kicker 1200.1 Mono Amp

I plan to get in the near future -

200 amp by Mr Altenator (cause my amp will sooner or later get tired)
Optima Yellow Top battery (I'm buying that this Thursday)
I plan to get better 6 1/2s cause even though the infinit's are killer
they're not on the same level my kickers are on so im going to def.
upgrade these and get a component setup
and I plan to get a 1000W farat cap just to be on the save side
and cause I love the cosmetic look they add :p

I will edit this post with pictures soon and will put up a video when I get firewire for my computer.

808 out

first i bet it sounds awsome second let me know if you wanna sell your current 6 1/2s and finally you said 1000 watt cap but how many fareds is it rated to withstand thats what matters not the wattage and why the expensive battery just b/c or do you plan on upgrading even more?

jeephater#1 said:
first i bet it sounds awsome second let me know if you wanna sell your current 6 1/2s and finally you said 1000 watt cap but how many fareds is it rated to withstand thats what matters not the wattage and why the expensive battery just b/c or do you plan on upgrading even more?

Yeah it does sound awesome. I knew it would sound great but I was really suprised that I have limited to NO RATTLE. My truck doesn't have the issues my buddy has with his blazer :D I will sell you the 6 1/2s for like 150 for all 4 if you want as soon as I get the cash to get the component setup I plan to get. Give me a month on that and I'll save your screen name and message you :thumbsup:

pics & video soon enough... basically the subs are :confused: insane

Back