Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you did add ESP to a used vehicle. That was my question... ;)
Yes. It's a Ford Gold Certified used. I think there's a Gold and Blue based on year/mileage. I think you can purchase one for many used vehicles if you have it inspected.

Yes. It's a Ford Gold Certified used. I think there's a Gold and Blue based on year/mileage. I think you can purchase one for many used vehicles if you have it inspected.
That's the plan. Just waiting on the car to be "visible in the computer", according to one Ford dealer I have exchanged emails with.

* The Certified Ford ESP coverage period is measured from the Original Ford New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and at 0 miles.

Does that include CPO vehicles with a 12 month/12k warranty? Looking at my seller's website, it seems like an ESP is not in effect until this period ends, even on a CPO.

* The Certified Ford ESP coverage period is measured from the Original Ford New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and at 0 miles.

Does that include CPO vehicles with a 12 month/12k warranty? Looking at my seller's website, it seems like an ESP is not in effect until this period ends, even on a CPO.
I would think that a CPO warranty would begin upon the day that the vehicle is sold with the mileage at that time.

Peter

I would think that a CPO warranty would begin upon the day that the vehicle is sold with the mileage at that time.

Peter
Yeah, I'm still confused. And I'm too cynical to believe I'll get an accurate answer from a dealer.

It was explained to me that the 12 month comprehensive warranty begins at purchase. My EX still had 6 months of the original 3/36 warranty when I bought it. I've had it a year as of last weekend with no issues,

It was explained to me that the 12 month comprehensive warranty begins at purchase. My EX still had 6 months of the original 3/36 warranty when I bought it. I've had it a year as of last weekend with no issues,
That would make sense to me. In your case, your CPO would actually just be for 6 months then. I'd still consider a Ford ESP.

Peter

Anyone know if this ESP applies to Interceptors as well?

Anyone know if this ESP applies to Interceptors as well?
According to my local dealer, my '16 Interceptor has no warranty options available. I'd consider at least a powertrain warranty...but it seems no one in interested in selling such a thing....

According to my local dealer, my '16 Interceptor has no warranty options available. I'd consider at least a powertrain warranty...but it seems no one in interested in selling such a thing....
See my post #211.

Peter

See my post #211.

Peter
I did so. I was told that Joel doesn't handle vehicles outside of warranty, but that I should contact perhaps Lombard Ford.

Seems an inspection is required (with a fee), and that a 24,000/48 month Powertrain product is about $1000 after a discount.

I did so. I was told that Joel doesn't handle vehicles outside of warranty, .................................................................
Where did you hear that? I don't know if that is correct or not. Zeigler Ford is another company that I've heard about.

Peter

Where did you hear that? I don't know if that is correct or not. Zeigler Ford is another company that I've heard about.

Peter
Zeigler Ford is a dealership around me.

Just bought a 2019 Explorer Sport with 20k miles. Looking to purchase the ESP. Currently the vehicle just ended the 3/36 warranty and has a certified Gold warranty which has 12/12,000 Comprehensive and 7/100k powertrain.

I would like to have an additional 4 years or 100k total warranty. I am in Florida and I thought I read somewhere that it makes a difference. How should I proceed to get a quote?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You are correct in that the ESP being offered through this thread is not available for Florida residents. Apparently you can buy one but just not at a discounted price. I believe in Florida it is considered an insurance product.

Peter

I am looking at a 2019 Explorer Platinum to replace my 2016 Sport that was totaled last month. I found a 2019 platinum with 21040 miles but I can't figure out the date of the original sale from the Carfax report because it appears to have passed through a few dealer's hands before its final sale. The best that I can tell is that the only thing left is the powertrain warranty. On my 2016 warrant that I purchased from Joel at Two Rivers Ford, it was a bumper-to-bumper to 100K mile with a $100 deductible. I am wondering if it is possible to buy this original type of coverage once the original warranty has expired. The warranty is important to me, so right now, it is a toss-up of buying a new Platinum or a used one. The difference between a used 2019 with 21K miles and a 2023 is about $22,000. The only reason that I am looking at used, is that after 2020 the movable pedals were no longer offered on the Explorer at all. My wife is short, and she needs the movable pedals. I have always given her the new car, and presently she has a 2016 Limited which she will continue to drive if we order a new 2023.
All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...HZhfF6OkvMtayJECPgZqK2iAENnevBxB4UPDE1TmeB3vg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After looking at the Carfax report, my question would be why did this vehicle take the journey it did? Did the owners have issues with it?
As for an ESP, I believe once the factory warranty has expired, you are looking at a 'used car' warranty which will require an inspection. The Powertrain Warranty should still be in effect. I don't know how that figures into whether the vehicle is still under warranty or not in regards to getting an ESP. The other item I'm not sure about is if you can transfer any part of the current ESP that you purchased from Joel or get a partial refund. Have you tried checking with a dealer to see if they can find out about the 'in service' date?

Peter

Back