Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

After looking at the Carfax report, my question would be why did this vehicle take the journey it did? Did the owners have issues with it?
As for an ESP, I believe once the factory warranty has expired, you are looking at a 'used car' warranty which will require an inspection. The Powertrain Warranty should still be in effect. I don't know how that figures into whether the vehicle is still under warranty or not in regards to getting an ESP. The other item I'm not sure about is if you can transfer any part of the current ESP that you purchased from Joel or get a partial refund. Have you tried checking with a dealer to see if they can find out about the 'in service' date?

Peter
I checked the in-service date on the Ford website by using the vehicle VIN, and it comes back as March 29, 2019. I then put the date plus this coming Tuesdays date into a date calculator, and it is 40 months and 19 days. Checking one of the online Ford dealer websites for warranty sales over the internet, it says that if the original in-service date is less than 41 months, I can still get a Premium Care Contract for $2,395.00. I am going to check with Joel at Two Rivers in the morning to determine what he will sell me that contract for. He was great the last 2 times that I purchased contracts from him, and I am certain that he will take good care of me with this one.
As for why the car languished for so long at a few different dealers, I have no answer. I checked the car today, and it appears to be perfect in every way. The only faults that I could find were a small scratch on the front fender, and some bubbling at the front edge of the hood, which I know will be taken care of under the original warranty until March 19, 2024. I also found this out on the Ford website. When I asked my original question, I wasn't aware of the resources that were available online. I didn't put the correct words into the search engine as I had done this evening. Thank you to Peter for all your help, both in the past and the future. Junkmann2
PremiumCARE Contract
  • $0 Deductible
  • 8 Years or 100,000 Miles of Coverage(8 Years from the day the vehicle was originally sold or until the odometer hits 100,000 miles)

• -Vehicle older than 12 month or 12,000 miles
  • -4x4 or All Wheel Drive Model
  • -Beyond 3 years/36k miles but under 41 months/41k miles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.
I would definitely be interested in that.

Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.
I’m testing a 2020 platinum now and not sure if I should after reading this. All have problems? Any certain vin or line that I can compare with?

I’m testing a 2020 platinum now and not sure if I should after reading this. All have problems? Any certain vin or line that I can compare with?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
One thing to keep in mind is that people seldom join a forum to say how problem-free their vehicle is. A VIN is unique to the vehicle so doesn't really mean much regarding troubles. If concerned about issues, I suggest browsing the forum threads to see what the major issues are.
All vehicles will eventually have problems of one kind or another.
You may want to correct your profile as the 20200 Explorers aren't out yet. ;)

Peter

Back