• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP Expiring Soon. Tips?

Atomikk

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I have about 1000 miles left before my Ford Protect Premium Maintenance warranty expires. Before that happens, my plan is to take it to a neighborhood auto mechanic, have him give it a look over, and perhaps find things that may be a warranty item that can be repaired and covered under my ESP. I'll make a list of anything he discovers, then take it to Ford. My question to those of you whose extended warranties have come and gone....

-Yes, I'm aware of that potential Water Pump disaster, but is there anything else you wish you had checked before your ESP expired?

-Is there anything in particular I should have a local mechanic focus on when I have him do the look over?

I love this Forum, and I love my Explorer, and any suggestions would much appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ
2015 Explorer Limited
118,000 miles

A Ford ESP won't cover potential' issues, Not sure about the Premium Maintenace one though. That sounds like replacing working parts on speculation that they will fail in the future. You could always get the regular ESP after yours expires. Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

Peter

Back