Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is pretty pricey... Couldn't you just paint a regular one like you have on now? Maybe plasti dip?

I don't think. The one I have on now is a different design. I have a limited so it's black already. I just like the different look. Not worried about the price. Still cheaper then the dealer price. All said and done it'll cost me a good penny to get it across the free trade line.

Its not a 10 minute job to switch them out....good luck.....

Oh. I won't do that. I'll have the body shop do it for me. I'm into the way it looks not getting my hands dirty.

mehhh...hopefully plastidipping next weekend, I like the look of my grille right now and wouldn't want a permanent black one right now. Let us know how it goes!

I'm down! Just once the price drops..

You may want to get some measurement since the Sport Grille is designed to fit the inter cooler and I have read that it is larger. Because of the size Ford went with Black and matching Black headlights to make it look smaller. Don't quote me on that, but I remember reading an article on the sport from some ford engineer that gave the details.

My service manager said its the same grill with slightly more open areas for a little more cooling.

No difference in size. Fits mine perfect

According to the link:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-sport-2013-style-black-grille-p-1374.html

...the Sport black grille is available for 2011+ model years. The Sport only came out with the 2013 model year.

Model Year(s):
2011 2012 2013
Part Number(s):
DB5Z-8200-BA

My wife just bought a 2013 XLT (Black) so i want to rip off the chrome asap.

Will the above part number allow me to do a straight swap?

Who has done it? Anyone care to share experiences????

Thx

ford explorer sport grille on XLT

The ford explorer Sport grille fits like a glove on the XLT .. Just had Lucas Ford in Southold put one on my white XLT 202a loaded . It looks awesome they put it on in less then an hour check them out www.lucasfordny.com

That's not fair !!!!

will look as good as our sport without the higher payment :) :) :)

Think you can swap out for the ecoboost v6? :)

And still don't have the black 20's, tinted headlights and tails amongst other things...

Little request to anyone that has an Explorer sport or sport grill, is it possible to get the measurement of the bar and opening in the grill.

I'm thinking of removing the chrome stripes from my limited and adding a mesh in the back.

Just trying to see if this will give the same effect or if I should just dish out the money for the Sport grill.

Thanks in advance.

That's not fair !!!!

will look as good as our sport without the higher payment :) :) :)

Looks almost as good, but only sees the tail lights of the Sport. That justifies the payment...:salute:

Tinted headlights

And still don't have the black 20's, tinted headlights and tails amongst other things...

Hey there where did u purchase the tinted headlights an taillights at... Thanks mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey there where did u purchase the tinted headlights an taillights at... Thanks mike

They came on the vehicle when he bought it. Exclusive to the sport. You can buy after market OEM. You'll pay through the nose though.

Back