FordBeast98's SAS in progress! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordBeast98's SAS in progress!

Front:
-'79 Bronco HP Dana 44
-4.88's(open for now)
-Warn Manual hubs
-Trying to reuse all the bronco front suspension

Rear:
-'79 Ford 9"
-going to convert to disk
-4.88's(really 4.86 but close enough)
-Mini-spool
I finially got sick of the IFS(Independent Fu*ked suspension) I was tired of the no-flex and wanted something a little beefer.

When i get done im going to run the 35's for a while and im going to run some 37'MTR's when i get the money.Also i will finailly! be swapping in my 1354.

First off i say this wouldnt be possible without my friend morris. He is helping me do this and i really appreciate it.(thanks man).

So far i have the the rear sprung over and i am in the process of dissasembling the front.The gears are being installed and my axles are being rebuilt as i speak. I will post more pics as soon as i get them and keep you all updated. Here is one that i could get of the d44. More pics will be up later tonight hopefully.Feel free to ask questions as i will.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 970

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford008- speedo, no speedo here!!!!!!

My truck is now officially street legal . I got a diablo chip burned so i could pass emissions. Ill get a few pics of wheeling up soon. i have some more stuff planned ahead so stay tuned!!!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

FordBeast98 said:
Ford008- speedo, no speedo here!!!!!!

My truck is now officially street legal . I got a diablo chip burned so i could pass emissions. Ill get a few pics of wheeling up soon. i have some more stuff planned ahead so stay tuned!!!!!

How is it street legal with no speedo?

well i was pulling a code which wouldnt let me pass emissions because of the VSS sensors(speedo). I got the diablo chip and they programed it to delete that code in my comp. I dont have a speedo but they dont know that :D . I am cautious and i dont haul ass around town anyways. 11 inches of lift, and no front and rear swaybars also keeps me to drive a little slower :D .

Matt

If your tachometer works, then you have a speedo. :D

WOW. Great job, looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Little bit-o flex with the "no-door mod"

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,063

when you gonna move that steering up out of the way....

and i knew you halfassed everythign but why the hell did you leave the rear doors and take the front ones off. If your gonna do it do it all the way.

OH and BTW you need to quit psing like you actually wheel that thing and take it out and get it dirty. :D

Dont let mommy see that you were messing up her flower bed :p

nissanboy said:
when you gonna move that steering up out of the way....

and i knew you halfassed everythign but why the hell did you leave the rear doors and take the front ones off. If your gonna do it do it all the way.

OH and BTW you need to quit psing like you actually wheel that thing and take it out and get it dirty. :D

Alrighty..............

The steering is fine thanks for asking :D , I havent had any problems yet because i have the clearance of 38's.

I havefriends with zj's who only take the front two off all the time. ;)

Ohh its been wheeled, i actually just got back last night from wheeling :D Ill get some pics....

where are those pictures

My friend jamie has them, by the way i need u to give me a call chad, its kind of important

Matt

I see you still havent installed the Canvas windows :(

quit using your truck as a battering ram and post some pics.

FordBeast98 said:
Its a saginaw box from a 79 bronco. It should work for u on the outside of the frame rail. I believe my ac pump is right where yours is too. The only really challenging thing is to get the stock steering shaft to work. I beleive we shortened mine and welded the old r&p connection to the bronco box so the shaft would work. I have only one problem from that setup though, the rubber boot on the shaft rubs on my brakelines in there. Ill get some more pics today,

Matt

Can you get a picture of the clearance between the steering box and the A/C pump...I picked up a 79' Bronco box rebuilt at Autozone (the only junkard was in PA) and I didn't cut out the upper A frame brackets yet, but this box looks like it's going to hit the A/C pump. Unless I mount it off the frame rail using 5/16 angle iron and secure that to the frame rail.

A pic would be appreciated though!

Thanks.

Man nice X. What snorkle did you have to order or did you just fab one up. I am looks at using pieces from a 4-runner and some 3" PVC. I am looking at doing a Dana 60 f&r. Just because i want full width.

appx91 said:
Man nice X. What snorkle did you have to order or did you just fab one up. I am looks at using pieces from a 4-runner and some 3" PVC. I am looking at doing a Dana 60 f&r. Just because i want full width.

Click the link in my signature to get detailed pics of how the snorkel is put together. I think you're looking for 2-1/2" Electrical PVC conduit for the tubing. Snorkel head you can get from www.ok4wd.com.

send more pics gotta see them.

I will get some updated pics up tonight, Ive done a few more things since those pics.

The Bronco box worked out sweet!

Thanks for paving the way!

Back