Found some inexpensive dana 30's (SAS) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found some inexpensive dana 30's (SAS)

general x

Hopeless addict
Reaction score
City, State
Red Deer, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Ford Explorer Sport
a friend of mine found some dana 30 axles that may be excellent SAS donors. what are everyones opinions on doing a SAS with a dana 30? if i did it to my truck i wouldnt plan on going with very big tires, for now 31's would suit my fancy. Also, is there any threads or weblinks or anything that can show me how to rebuild an axle or check the condition of an axle? btw we found the axles at a junkyard and the yard owner is quoting us 50 bucks an axle Canadian (we suspect he doesnt know what were talking about so we wanna get the axles NOW!)

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Solid D35s are rear axles...........................i.e., they don't turn. :D

>< i dont have my friend here to tell me what mistake ive made but when he gets back ill fix my mistake :p

sure you arent thinking of a dana 30 which is a solid front axle from a jeep that people use for SAS?

i personally would use a d30 though, they typically arent strong enough for rigorous off roading if you have a lead foot

lol i fixed the post, its a d30 i was thinkin of

wow, i didnt know you could edit the title too... hmmmm, it never let me before....

lmao when you go to edit your first post the slot for putting your title in is editable :)

Have you looked through the SAS registry here? $50CAN could be a steeeeal. :cool:

lol i know! i wanna go get the axles right now but i wanna know if their worth my time first :p ill check the SAS registrys... still lookin for some links to info on rebuilding axles or checking their condition

As long as they are HP D30s, that is a pretty good price..........although, they usually don't bring that much anyway. As long as the r&p is kept high enough (usually recommended <=4.56), the HP D30 is very comparable to a D44 (let that debate start :D ).

Robb said:
that is a pretty good price..........although, they usually don't bring that much anyway.

$50CAN is like $7 US

lmao were not that far behind you, 50 canadian is like 40 us'ian

are there any threads like glaciers a4ld rebuild thread for axles?

if donations start flowing in gladly :)

If it is a HP30 in good condition, I'd say buy it. That sounds like a really good deal. Let us know how it turns out :)

bah if the auto wrechers wernt closed tomorrow id go buy it up right now >< i had possesion of a d44 from a bronco but it was too wide and too beat up for me to keep (and i had nowhere to put it)

Anything ever happen with these? Did you get one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back