Found some inexpensive dana 30's (SAS) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found some inexpensive dana 30's (SAS)

dreamr said:
I am curious as well.
Shouldn't you be looking for a manual transfer case first? :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Albino 94LTD said:
Shouldn't you be looking for a manual transfer case first? :p

It's starting to look that way unless the new GEM that was ordered this evening is able to correct the 4x4 problem.

This summer/fall we will be doing the Toyota project. I know that It will drive me nuts to have built my friends rig for serious trails I can't follow him on. Well I suppose I probably can go anywhere he will dare, but then I might get body damage and my truck might cry :D

Next winter you may see a sas thread for me, but it might not be my X as I am entertaining many ideas. Right now I just want a cheap axle to start nickle and dimeing into the expensive nice axle I want under the project.........

Yes I know d44 is stronger and the typical axle of choice, but I want the d30 for my own reasons.

First things first though. I need to finish off a couple X projects and get started on the Toyota.

Wanna help? I have no clue what we are doing :D

dreamr said:
This summer/fall we will be doing the Toyota project. I know that It will drive me nuts to have built my friends rig for serious trails I can't follow him on. Well I suppose I probably can go anywhere he will dare, but then I might get body damage and my truck might cry :D
You shouldn't let that drive you nuts. You can just make all the mistakes when your building the Yota. Then when you do an SAS to your X you will have learned from your mistakes and the swap will perfect. :D Good luck!

im interested, is this gonna happen?

ok, sorry for no update, the gear ratios in the axles were 3.07 for 3 and possibly (didnt know for sure) one had 3.55 gearing. my sploder has 3.18 gearing so id have to get both axles from the doners. also, the auto wrecker thought we were talking about cv axles so he bumped the price up to 75 an axle (wahoo big deal) When/If i do this swap to my sploder, it will be done during the summer when i have some money and no snow so it will be a while yet til anything happens. it woulda been nice if those waggys had 4 bangers cuz (so im told) all the 4 cylindre waggys had 4.10 gearing.

Back