From Jan to June! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

From Jan to June!

IMG_0554.jpg

Pretty sad looking i think!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

But getting better as i get more done!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Super Job, what size and make tires?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks guys! It did get a lot of attention on the trail. The tires are super swampers 38.12.50 16.5 SX. My friend is sending me some more pic's to post to day some time.

This is Coming up the Rock Garden. Tuttle Creek OHV area Randolph KS.
47b5d630b3127cce93352548906300000016108QYtG7Nu0cg

that is awsome .. words cant describe it.. i think i just wet myself :)

Dang, that is awesome. I still can't believe how nice of a job you did with the chop and body work. :thumbsup: (Then again, that quality work should be expected after seeing the Bronco :smoke: :D) How much lift do you think you came out with? It sure doesn't look like a ton since you fit it into the garage, but it also doesn't look like much metal trimming at all, so it's really hard to tell.

I think i got about 5 inches of lift. I used scout 2 front leafs. Its basicly a spring over with a longer shackle up front. The front axle is moved foward from stock about 2 inches. The rear is just a spring over but it needs a 1 inch block to level it out. I set it up with about 7 inches of up travel and 9 down. It looks like its working pretty good. Im big into having good flex that keeps good ground pressure on each tire. Not to much but plenty to get the job done! Since my club travels all over the mid west i wanted to build a rig that would work good on about everthing from rocks,mud and hill climbs! I went 60s because the rocks allways seem to be wet. ;)

Attachments

• chop5.jpg
    chop5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,298

That rear window relocation turned out fantastic!! Good job!! The rest of the truck rocks too;)

Thanks Rick

You got a few very nice rigs yourself!!!! You got my Orange so now i have to find a new very bright color :thumbsup:

noticed you still have the rear wiper on there, did you rig it up to work ?

Hey Russ, its Ryan.... lookin man.... my axle swaps about to begin..... could you post up a pic or two of your front xmember for your leaf mounts.... I'm tryin to find a good way to do it, without having it kill approach angle too much, or just plain stick out and look bad. thanks bud..... can't wait to get up to Tuttle and wheel with ya..... you goin to the Kansas Krawl this year?

--Ryan

YEs the wiper works. I just couldnt find a good spot to relacate the washer fluid tank. So no blue juce back there!

Ryan i can take some close up pics this weekend for you. I thought you where going with coil springs.

RussRubek said:
Ryan i can take some close up pics this weekend for you. I thought you where going with coil springs.

I was, and I still may, but I wanna try leafs first, b/c for ME, leafs are gonna be cheaper to put under mine and get it wheelin, I'm gonna keep all my coils stuff so I can convert later if I want.

--Ryan

Read the title....from Jan to june.

That I have no clue. When I first saw pics this spring the top chop was in progress. The top was cut, moved, and welded back, but needed a lot more work. The inside was stripped (at least the back was). I think he had the suspension done already when I saw it. The wheels came from his old bronco in the above pic.

I just noticed his rear drivers side wheel ring (whatever its called) is still blue. I wonder if he knows it. LOL

I think it took a weekend to get it cut in and tack welded in place. A few more days of welding a making a few filler pieces. I spent a 2 days on getting the interior cut in and all back togather. Then sanded bondo when i felt like it. The big thing was getting to hatch to fit nice on the roof and floor. Once that was done it was pretty easy.
Ya like my wheel i need to paint :eek: I just didnt have extra time to paint it before we went wheeling for the weekend.

can you get a side shot( like 20 ft away) i would love to try something like you need with the hatch on my rig, because yours looks soo nice, also, i see you have leaves, how much did you send on the total sas cost??

Back