Front end clunk - bushing failure? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm wondering if they even 'test' drove it after working on it?

Peter
Sorry......Super old thread all, could start a new one if recommended. Got an 18 Sport which we love, with 70,000mi on it. Started having more of a "thud" under right front on slow bumps. I can feel it on the hwy at speeds and it doesn't change going around corners or turning (I would think that would aleviate sway bar) Anyways.....sounds like its under passenger feet. Not a clunk or clank but kind of a thud as stated. Read the forum and was 99% sure it was the rear control arm bushing so I told the dealer to check that. they said there was some play in them both and put new control arms in for $1k. Low and behold it was doing the same noise right after picking it up but we were headed up north that night and I was pulling a UTV on a 20ft trailer and the thud was gone until the trailer was off the Ex. I'm taking it in tomorrow to show them it's still broke and wondering if anyone had ever figured this out. I will put sway bar links in I think to just rule that out, but I know a sway bar link noise as my focus and Super Duty both have over 300,000mi on them and I have done multiple lol. Right now I'm wondering about strut bushings, any follow ups from you guys?

Back