Alignment printout help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alignment printout help

That's where I got the idea I figured why not try it worked like a charm to install to

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I

I take offense to your comments

I will refrain from posting on here get over yourself
Come down man!

I didn't mean do offend you, I don't even know you!
Look at the report and read my comment again I clearly said:

Nevermind the colums boominXplorer mentions, you need to look at the top of the report.

The report you posted says quote:

"Customer:
Company:
LICENSE NO:
Odometer:
Date:6/18/218 7:32AM
Vin:
Technician:
Order NO:
"

Except for the date the report left all these fields open.
As boominXplorer said all the actual numbers in the report are fine. That's why I joked that the only problem with the report is at the top.
And because the report says "License NO" I made a joking comment that the report states you appear to have no drivers license, ASSUMING YOU DO HAVE a license as one may obviously and rightfully assume of most members in an Explorer forum.

As soon as Koda2000 informed me I apologized and wrote I am sorry!

You did a great job rebuilding your front! The report couldn't have nearly perfect numbers if you didn't.
An I can tell you I am honestly impressed how you rebuilt your front to a precision that practically didn't even really need much on any alignment. The report basically tells you, that you could have "practically" just as well saved the money on the alignment and the car would still be driving just about as good.

But allow me to make one thing very clear, because you ACCUSED ME:
I WAS NOT BULLYING YOU!!!

I did mine this winter. You come up with some pretty creative ideas when you get To some stuck parts. My day and a half I had allotted for my front end took 3 weekends.

44DB2C4F-F41E-4C9C-80C6-749AA5D3BB4A.jpeg

Come down man!

I didn't mean do offend you, I don't even know you!
Look at the report and read my comment again I clearly said:

The report you posted says quote:

"Customer:
Company:
LICENSE NO:
Odometer:
Date:6/18/218 7:32AM
Vin:
Technician:
Order NO:
"

Except for the date the report left all these fields open.
As boominXplorer said all the actual numbers in the report are fine. That's why I joked that the only problem with the report is at the top.
And because the report says "License NO" I made a joking comment that the report states you appear to have no drivers license, ASSUMING YOU DO HAVE a license as one may obviously and rightfully assume of most members in an Explorer forum.

As soon as Koda2000 informed me I apologized and wrote I am sorry!

You did a great job rebuilding your front! The report couldn't have nearly perfect numbers if you didn't.
An I can tell you I am honestly impressed how you rebuilt your front to a precision that practically didn't even really need much on any alignment. The report basically tells you, that you could have "practically" just as well saved the money on the alignment and the car would still be driving just about as good.

But allow me to make one thing very clear, because you ACCUSED ME:
I WAS NOT BULLYING YOU!!!

The way that you worded your comment to my original post made me think that you were tearing apart my post. Here in the south details at the top of the page are not important most of the time. When you said I didn't have a license it bothered me and I was wondering how did he know. Either way I accept your apology let's forget about and not speak of it again.

So I took a pic or 2 man does the cam bring out the rain grime just look at them shocks less than a month old

20180618_190255.jpg

20180618_190216.jpg

I did mine this winter. You come up with some pretty creative ideas when you get To some stuck parts. My day and a half I had allotted for my front end took 3 weekends.

View attachment 160192

Nice. Wish my explorer looked so clean behind the front tires.:thumbsup:

Now them pesky splash guards that always rip and crumble when you remove them

I took a old tire inner tube and I used the old splash guard as a pattern a paint marker and cut it out any way so much nicer than factory

20180618_190007.jpg

Pete I wish I bought them red bushings look good I like em

They def don’t look like that now. Cons of a poly bushing I guess. I have to keep them greased about every 500 miles or the squeaking will drive me insane, but the grade does collect the dust.

I found those rubber inserts for 17 bucks somewhere. They do make a difference on keeping water of the manifolds tho. I always thought they were a joke. Leave it to your dad to prove you wrong.

I found them on rock auto but it's that same crap material
Then I saw the rubber inner tube and I figure give it a try

info wheel.PNG

Went for a alignment
Bad tie rod boot ripped and wiped out a tie rod ...quickly
I also pressed in new control arm bushings on the passenger side

All is in spec as well as I can tell
The man told me its just in spec and he has seen worse
he said I could leave it or put in cam bolts

Its in spec what do y'all suggest
Keep an eye on tire wearing patterns
Or do you think its fine
Or cam bolts Which I really don't want to do

It drives perfect

20210719_104654 (2021-07-19T11_19_33.000)_kindlephoto-165826071.jpg

The camber spec is about the one only thing a user should worry about. A person who goes around all corners slowly can do well with positive camber. Tire wear is partly due to the mileage, and the alignment, but the driving style has a lot to do with tire wear.

The person who drives hard through corners will wear tires faster, for sure, but the camber is critical for their tire wear also. If they run positive camber, the outer edges will be worn away quickly. That type of driver needs more negative camber, the tire leans in at the top notably. It's a learning experience to figure out what kind of camber spec you need for a given vehicle, for how you drive it. Many alignment shops will adjust the camber to the negative side if you ask them to, most will not.

The camber spec is about the one only thing a user should worry about. A person who goes around all corners slowly can do well with positive camber. Tire wear is partly due to the mileage, and the alignment, but the driving style has a lot to do with tire wear.

The person who drives hard through corners will wear tires faster, for sure, but the camber is critical for their tire wear also. If they run positive camber, the outer edges will be worn away quickly. That type of driver needs more negative camber, the tire leans in at the top notably. It's a learning experience to figure out what kind of camber spec you need for a given vehicle, for how you drive it. Many alignment shops will adjust the camber to the negative side if you ask them to, most will not.
She definitely is hard in the corners unless she is in town
Now around bends she goes hard and is on the gas

She definitely is hard in the corners unless she is in town
Now around bends she goes hard and is on the gas

Then you'd like some more negative camber if the shop will do it when you ask. I've been doing that for ages with my cars, with tire rotations I don't have big tire wear problems. That truck you just had done is at -.95 and -.28 degrees now, that's fairly close to the -1.0 maximum OEM figure allowed.

Then you'd like some more negative camber if the shop will do it when you ask. I've been doing that for ages with my cars, with tire rotations I don't have big tire wear problems. That truck you just had done is at -.95 and -.28 degrees now, that's fairly close to the -1.0 maximum OEM figure allowed.
Thanks for the info
Next set of tires ill buy the cam bolts
I'd like to find some of oem quality

Did you install Motorcraft control arms or aftermarket. I've heard bad things about the aftermarket ones concerning the torsion bars not fitting snuggly into the LCA. I just rebuilt mine not long ago and used the black poly bushings from ES and I've had no squeeks and so far are wearing good. I've had the bad experience of the red polys wearing out faster and squeeking.

Did you install Motorcraft control arms or aftermarket. I've heard bad things about the aftermarket ones concerning the torsion bars not fitting snuggly into the LCA. I just rebuilt mine not long ago and used the black poly bushings from ES and I've had no squeeks and so far are wearing good. I've had the bad experience of the red polys wearing out faster and squeeking.
The passenger side Control arm was hard to find
so I just pressed in New bushings using the factory inner part with the bushings

That $150 press is handy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your alignment shop, showed the spec, which Was not very easy too read. My alignment shop give me a slide scale printout, which shows the initial setting and then the final settings; where they adjusted too. My camber was out of spec. On my ford 1995, the camber setting where non-profit adjustable. I replaced the camber plates with adjustable ones from RockAuto. And had the shop redo the alignment.

Back