How to: - Fuel Filter Change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Fuel Filter Change

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

jlsparky7

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Woodhaven, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 XLT AWD
Fuel Filter Change How To Video

Fuel filter change. Tricky (near impossible) without the removal tool. See what your fuel filter looks like before you buy the removal tool.

ATTN MODS: Rick and I thought it would be a good idea to "double post" some of my how to's in different sections because a majority of them apply to more than just the 1996 stock explorer.

Rick, if im misunderstanding what you meant go ahead and do what you need to do with these under the hood how to's. Not that im giving you permission or anything cause I know you dont need it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to jlsparky7 for the 'how to' video. Good for first timers and a quick re-fresher for us "X-lifers"

I changed my fuel filter lastnight. My '01 X EB 5.0 has 176k miles and I'm pretty sure it was the original filter. The line fittings were stubborn, but mine has aluminum clips on the line that are prolly the best type of clip I've seen.

Now for the ugly. For those who are unsure they want to tackle this or those that don't think it's worth it, I simply give you a pic of the gas that was in the filter, poured back out the feed end of the filter.

Attachments

• 2012-01-06_05-26-29_256xxx.jpg
    2012-01-06_05-26-29_256xxx.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 5,802

Awesome! Thanks for the pic

I cant believe I paid $79 to change my explorers fuel filter, when it was so easy to do lol. I did it in a official ford dealership too.

I already know how to change Fuel Filter but here you have a more great and helping information about the fuel filter change..Thanks for sharing this video it will help to other people who don't know about this procedure..

Back