• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump access.

fissureman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 sport 4x4
Hello
Newbie to the site..
Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 92 4 wheel sport with what i believe is a bad fuel pump. The relay is clicking on and off with the key. Can't hear the pump runnung..
Question is, has anyone cut a hole in the floor under the rear seat to get access to the pump? and if so, any pics to show where exactly to start cutting?
Not looking forward to dropping the tank.. Done this a couple times with my 93 Bronco, then I cut the hole..whole nother story..haha
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. Check the fuel pump relay, and the PCM relay before you replace the fuel pump. There is a sticky thread in the body work & detailing section with step by step instructions on cutting the floor under the rear seat.

In addition to checking the 2 relays mentioned, also check the inertia switch. Make sure it's not tripped and the plug on the bottom is on tight. While you are there, you might want to check to see if you have power coming into the switch. If so, then the problem is between the switch and the pump.

Back