Full Width-Front leaf conversion-rear 1/4 elliptical-302 swap-Choptop- Scott Colba | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Width-Front leaf conversion-rear 1/4 elliptical-302 swap-Choptop- Scott Colba

You read correctly!! How do i have the time you ask? Well...because i just lost my drivers license. So i decided to put the 4 wheelin on hold for the year that i can't drive, and do nothing but build. :hammer: So far i have aquired (or am in the process of aquiring) most of the parts i need except for the tubing for the cage. (that comes last) currently the sploder is in my garage, and im taken it apart. pics will follow of the tear down and building back up!!!

she enters the garage as a caterpillar, and come out a year later a beautiful butterfly!! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is she gonna stay the same color, or are you gonna go nuts on everything?
will you need to upgrade your body lift to a 3" to fit that motor?
How about a fiber glass front end, now that would be real badass.
Good luck, maybe I'll take a weekend and come down and give you a hand, I still owe ya a favor, plus I could get my K&N

Danny, I think you should come to grips with reality! Your K&N filter probably is gone forever! J/K

Riff, I want to come over and check out the project some time, maybe even help. I am seriously considering the 1/4 eliptical, and front leaf conversion. I am not going to attempt the chop top yet, at least until I beat the crap out of it first. I just want to get some specs to find out how to do the supension. What kind of tranny and t-case you gonna run. Once the holidays are over, I am pretty much free so just let me know.

er...uh...danny? i...uh...well....ya know....see....the thing....i ....well....hmm....*gulp* don't kick my ass!! :eek:

any are welcome to come and lend a hand!!! (just don't beat me! :D )

john...im workin with a buddy of mine (who is an engineer) to design the correct angles and what not so the rear is setup properly...apparenlty you can't just slap up an a are in the middle hook up some leafs and call it good! who knew?! lol...the front leaf setup is gonna be cake though. already have most of it worked out on how its going to be done.

im gonna be running a c4 with a dana 20...possibly a twin 20 for ultra low gearing...but that remains to be seen. i get the motor, tranny, and tcase as soon as i can get my damn 4.0 out.

Originally posted by riffman
she enters the garage as a caterpillar, and come out a year later a beautiful butterfly!! :bounce:

man, you got some weird thoughts runnin through that head of yers to compare it to a "beautiful butterfly" hmmm yer an odd one Scott, and I think that's why we all like ya so much! I cant wait to see these goofy ass pics of yer truck chopped up.
Pete

hehehe...you should see it now back on its little skinny tires....looks goofy as hell....

change / update.....

just sent away my money for a Liquid Propane setup!!! so im even gonna setup a trail grill!!!!!!! :D

Be sure to take lots and lots and lots of pics! I am sure we can find some way to host them if you don't have a way! I would love to see this butterfly!!! You should paint one on the hood. :D

O MY GOD!! your truck is going to be amazing. I would love to see some pics of it when you are done.

Originally posted by rpenner54
I would love to see this butterfly!!! You should paint one on the hood. :D

Yes FRANCIS! Paint a butterfly on the hood! It'll be the ride for the "ladies man" Hehe, maybe paint a ferry, or even better... Mr T on the drivers door too!
;)
Pete

evil....you guys are JUST PLAIN EVIL!

What a nutcase!

well...got the motor out today..in the classic riffman style too...**** got in the way, so we pushed harder!!! pics are coming...302 is here too...so the rebuild shall begin too.... :hammer:

Check out the New Members forum there is a guy.. Scottyb I think. He has 44s and lives in Tennessee. Someone for you to go ridin' with when your all done :D

Back