Gen 1 to Gen 2

JMan689

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
If i took the interior out of a gen 2 and put it in my gen 1 would everything fit? I'd assume so but just wanna check.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i can tell you that the doors are the same size. Measurment wise from hinge to latch

Other than the dash, console and wiring(swapping connections), the front door panels are the only minor issue. One hole where the mirror bolt access is needs to be opened up for the panel.

The a-pillar's fit fine though?

I have not finished installing my trim pieces yet, and actually prefer my 93 gray color better than the later two grays. I have mixed my old/new interior based on what I liked better for my work truck. I have the 93 front seats and 99 rear seats in the 93 body, 98 door panels, the other interior trim will all be the 93, it's a more attractive gray. I'd like to have used my 93 rug, but the green shading of it isn't as good as the 99 dark gray.

The dash is the big thing that you cannot change, it's mounted far differently. The sizing of everything is the same, the space of the cabins is the same from 91-01. But a few mounting changes were made, mainly for the dash and console.

FYI, throw your side mirrors away and buy some good used 95-01 OEM mirrors. They bolt right on and look far better. The wiring connectors might need a quick swapping of wires, but it's all the same otherwise. Good luck,

Back