Sinjin

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Avondale(Phoenix), Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
"RETIRED" 1997 Sport
........Well for those of use with 96+ with a 3 inch body lift thats binding that is. The parts that they had did not fit our models. After speaking with one of the engineers at length, they are now gonna make it specific for our models. The parts that they had listed would not work, so now after giving them the info, it will now be available, and looks like im gonna be the guinea pig. So if your steering is binding, and you have 96+, call on Flaming River for a new slip shaft. 1-800-648-8022, ask for Dave.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it differnt for the 95's, i am planing on puting a body lift on over xmas and am a little worried abotu the steering. is the 95 the same as the 91-94 or is it the same as the 96+

Do you have an aproximate price?

Sinjin's truck 96+ are Rack & Pinoin set-up's. My 94 is a Gear box set-up. Do you know what the 95 is?

Also, There pricing on the web was $229.00 plus shipping.

Ack.

Sinjin,

When you did the lift, did you install the steering extention that came with it?

Mine needed to be "modified" to fit, but now it works great, doesn't bind, and didn't cost me $200+.....

Where/when exactly does it bind? 1/4, 1/2, full turn?

Where ru Sinjin?

Being one of the people that helped lift Sinjin's truck....

Yep, we modified the one that came with the ranger kit. It worked great and we all patted ourselves on the back.

However, 3 months later...The modified piece gave out to fatigue. The modification " Wallored " out ( An okie term )
and he has pretty bad binding. I think the bigger tires and the fact that we removed material from the extension piece contributed to our demise.

Hope this helps.

Agggghhhh.

I had to "waller" mine out as well, do you think it's a safety issue? Mine still seems tight after two months....

Back