Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
So KOH is expanding and is going to have a few new classes. Not all the rules are out yet but I am thinking a TTB ranger might be perfect for the stock class. Here are the basics so far. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12807453&postcount=219

I am think a 90 -97 standard cab shortbed ranger with a 4.0 and 5 speed might be perfect for the race in the stock class. With the TTB you know you can make it haul across the desert. A doubler will get you the crawl ratio you need in the rocks.

With the 35" tire limit they will limit the trails you run. I have a feeling it would be something like from the lake bed through the desert then up clawhammer then more desert and then down aftershock and back to camp. toss is a few trails like tack hammer and you could get your 75-100 miles in. 95% will be open desert so the TTB will shine.

If you cant keep the 35 alive swap in a cut down TTB 44.

Now I just need to win the lotto.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

... Crop...now I have to exo my Ranger?.. A black truck just donnt look right wearing a halo..:p:
Posted via Mobile Device

I was thinking about this. Where is RJ? His Navajo would be perfect for the stock class.

last I heard he was playing with import cars but this might get his navajo out of the cob webs and back into some use..:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Lockers, doubler and cage in Zukmans, then run it:D

wonder if you could get away with swapping the TTB D50 into it for stock class :scratch:

...I've been trying to keep up with the rules for the stock class..:confused:

..So far if I'm not mistaken, factory body floors roof panels are a must...It starts getting a little grey when it comes to the caging, suspensions, inner fenders, shock mounts, and cross members..

..Just an example, my ranger as it sits I believe still fits in the stock class but when you look at comparing it to the jeep and toyota talk of that thread in the same class, they seem like modified bordering unlimited class..:dunno:

It also sounds like their will be hundreds of entrants in every kind of vehicle racing together...I'm thinking this will be a bigger hit than watching the big dogs...:burnout:

..I found the rule book entries for the new "Stock and Modified Stock" in sections 6.3 and 6.4 found here..;)

http://ultra4racing.com/racers/rulebook/

...It's a lot easier to follow along than their discussion thread has been..:biggthump

Back