Goodyear Wranglers First Maine storm and I LOVE'EM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear Wranglers First Maine storm and I LOVE'EM

dlo

Reaction score
City, State
Randolph, Maine...Back home baby!!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Some people down on them, but this is the first Maine storm that I have driven in with the new tires (have about 150ish miles on them) and I have been out a few times since this afternoon and I have YET to use anything but 2 wheel drive. If anyone is from round here....I went through Gardiner, Big hill in Hallowell, Augusta, Manchester and through the crap side streets of Winthrop and I love these tires. Cheap right at the Wal-Mart and would get them again in a heartbeat. 235/75/15 and they are stiff from gas to break and very solid.

That's all folks, jus happy for my Ex for the first time in a wile.

PoppaDLo:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same tires on mine and I love them. and like you I bought em from wally world. They are a bit noisy but not as bad as some tires I have run before, and they grip like theres no tomorrow.

I have the same tires on mine and I love them. and like you I bought em from wally world. They are a bit noisy but not as bad as some tires I have run before, and they grip like theres no tomorrow.

I have not noticed the noise, the wife has been the one putting the millage on the Ex to start. I ran Cooper Discovery ATS on there before and already when it comes to Ice/Sleat and snow I love these tires.

I feel a lot better in the breaking and corner end of driving so far.

Well I am glad you’re happy with them, but I am not. So far ive got them to replace 8 (bought 4, had 3 tires replaced 1-2 times). At some mileage point 6k they just start getting unbalanced. Plus the one that has made it through is only at 10k miles and is ready to be replaced.

And from what I have had, there bad grip, bad quality, and bad wear. I hope yours turn out better.

Mine we great for the first 30k, then they went downhill fairly quickly, but I still stuck with them until 68k :)

Now I've got Revo's...I'll give them 30k before I make a final judgment, but they are doing very well so far.

i like the ones that our on the 95, only 50 bucks a tire, cant beat that. i noticed the noise, they are very loud, even at slow speeds in town. i havent had any other problems beisdes noise, only had one bad snow storm so far, they doo good in light mud, havent taken it anywhere with alot of mud or snow, but i like em

I got a set of wranglers on my sport, they're about half way down on tread and I can't wait to get them off. I've gotten sideways a few times with them in rain. My father in law's driveway is all dirt and a slight hill. On the flat area in front of the house were there are some slight tire ruts or whatever you'd like to call them I almost got stuck....in 4 wheel drive. Had a bit of trouble getting out of the yard too, had to have some speed in 4wheel again. The Yokohama Geolanders we just put on my girlfriends explorer did perfect, didn't slip a bit. Granted it's all ice but I got out last year with some speed and a little peeling in my rear wheel drive firebird with some falken ziex on it so the explorer having trouble with it is very very sad in my opinion...... not to crap on your new tires...I've just had little to no luck with them.

Yea. i had them, and i didnt like um. put about 6 k, and replaced them. there loud, and wore way to fast. and came unbalanced and they went a good grip. ive got uniroyal liberator A/T's and there amazing. ive drove them hard the first month, never lost PSI, and in the snow alittle under max perssure, im running i think 40 from 55, and i havent had a problem, nebraska got hit hard last weekend with about 6'' of snow, and i got around great. i was going stuff ofther cars were slipping on.. front wheel drive would floor it, and i would leave it in auto, and wouldnt slip at all.. it didnt go into 4. i can feel it, and it didnt jerk. there great tires. alittle more expensive than the wranglers, about 60 bux a tire at wally world. 306.00 for all 4 mounting and balancing. Great tire!

I've been hearing mixed thoughts on the Goodyear Wranglers. My mom hated them on her 06 Jeep, so much so that at under 10K she got rid of them and I took em. I'm not gonna pass up a free set of 30x9.50 tires, even if they are crappy. I'll need somethin this summer when I take the BFG's off.

30K+ on my set of Wrangler RT/S, and probably 30K more to go from the looks of them. No complaints. I get around great in the snow, and couldn't get sideways even if I tried. Go figure.

Well at least they look nice all shined up with Armorall on them........

30K+ on my set of Wrangler RT/S, and probably 30K more to go from the looks of them. No complaints. I get around great in the snow, and couldn't get sideways even if I tried. Go figure.

NOT that my Ex is the least bit peppy for her age, but even in the snow covered roads of Maine I have to really work at it to get the ass end to break loose. Got about 1,000 miles on them (Wife drives it mostly in town) and she loves them. I have taken it a few times in the snow to work and even stopped dead with a brake lock up going down a hill at about 30mph and straight as could be and they jus dug in.

Again, Love'em so far.

Back