Had a little fender bender | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Had a little fender bender

well guys,
Leaving work yesterday I had a run in with a Honda Accord. I had stopped at an intersection, looked didn't see any cars coming. Before I knew it, I was across the street on the opposite sidewalk. She broad sided the whole passenger side of my truck. I couldn't see her due to some parked cars, plus she had to be going 50. Here are some pics. It scares me how the rim broke so easily. Do you think that they'll total the truck? You can't really tell from the pic but the wheel is way out of whack.

Mike

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't tell from the pics, but the back quarter is banged in too, plus the tail is busted.

man you got jacked... what you hit or hit you... i cant believe your rim got jacked up like that

That is the exact reason I hate aftermarket aluminum wheels. I have seen several (makes and designs) that break like toothpicks in accidents.

You got a good 2500 damage,not including your rims:(

OUCH!....You just got those rims on there not too long ago. That is really sad to see. Are you okay? I hope you did get hurt. I know the rim is. So who got the ticket from the accident? My guess that your truck will me repaired, instead of being salvage. Looks like fender going to be replaced and the front door and everything else might just get bondoed and filled. Is it can't get fixed, then take everything you put on it ASAP!. Good luck, let us know what happens.

:eek:

Originally posted by Xplor
I hope you did get hurt.

I hope you mean didn't ;)

Sorry to see that man...I hope it all works out for you :(

Good lord! That's an MKW wheel, correct? Those are known for strength, that's back luck! You might want to contact them and tell them about how easily the thing broke, they may replace it.

No glass was broken was it?
Glass for Explorers aint cheap

Luckily no one was hurt in the accident. Everyone walked away. I was cited. I'm pissed about that. The officer said that I failed to yield, which is completely absurd. I stopped, looked, didn't see anyone, so I went. Then I got cracked.

I emailed MKW the night of the accident. They want me to send them the rim and tire. They may replace it after doing some tests.

I was looking at the truck a little closer today. The passenger wheel is twisted and tilting in. The driver's wheel is tilting in also. This is going to be one expensive repair. What would cause the wheels to tilt in?

Mike

hate to say it man but it looks to me like the truck is totalled. The cost of replacing those body panels as well as correcting the suspension and so forth could easily go higher then the value of the vehicle.
Looks nasty glad to hear everyone was ok.

Dang that does suck! Well see what the insurance says then buy it back from them and make yourself a good off-roader with it! :D

Could it be that the crash just threw the truck out of alignment, and that's causing the wheels to tilt in? It would be a damn shame to see this thing totaled. :(

Ouch

I loved mikes truck with those rims it was awesome. I agree take the insurance money and get a newer X and start over. I love the square body style X but if I were in an accident I would just get a newer vehicle. Your X was and still is one bad X but dont ruin it with bondo . Your X will always be remembered as 1 Bad Azz X;)

I come with bad news. The truck is totalled. The insurance adjuster told me that it was totalled just from the body work alone, not even including the front end work.

In the next couple days I'm going to pull all of the accessories off of the truck. I'll put them up on the for sale board.

That sucks

i love your piaa fogs,are you selling the system too?

Would your 94 guages fit in my 92?

Yes Brad

Brad 91-94 ford X parts are all interchangeable so, yes to your question if they would fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks. Hey if you are sellin your headunit, clear corners in the front and tails I will take them. Just email me with a price for each thing. Thanks alot and hope all goes well.

Jed

oreokid220@aol.com

Back