• Register Today It's free!

head gasket question!!

Reaction score
City, State
seattle, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 ford explorer
so my 98 explorer has a very bad head gasket on one or both heads I am pretty sure due to the coolant in the oil and vapor coming from the tail pipe when driving and a lot of it soo much the car behind me in invisible. My question is when I parked the truck due to this issue I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the motor to pump any coolant out and put oil in all the cylinders because I can not afford to fix it until the spring but I did not drain the oil which is milky and coolant contaminated and its been sitting for about 3 months do you think its too late and the motor has been compromised I drained the oil today and ran half gallon of atf threw it since its so thin and then 2 quarts of 10w 40 all with the drain plug out so it would drain straight threw should i put the plug back in and put a couple quarts of oil in it while its sitting or is it ok to leave it empty i really hope the motor is ok after leaving the contaminated oil in there soo long any advice is much appreciated

Impossible for anyone to say if the motors ok. Rings might have lost their tension, bearings? Who knows for sure. Hope your ok.

Id squirt some oil in to each of the spark plug holes, and leave some oil in the bottom of the pan. Anything to inhibit rust while your motor sits.

Back
Top Bottom