• Register Today It's free!

headliner question

justinf89

Reaction score
City, State
Hampton, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 xlt 4x4
I need to replace the headliner on the sunroof sun guard sliding thing. I tore the hanging headliner off a while ago but I'm unsure of what type to put back. I went up to hancock fabrics and all they sell is automotive type headliner with the foam built in. I think this is too thick for the sliding sunroof piece and won't allow it to slide properly. I think what was on there is only the fabric but I'm not sure. Pics are what I'm talking about.

Maybe somebody can go out and feel theirs for me to see if it has foam behind it? I would really appreciate it.

So if it's not the typical headliner with the 1/8 foam or whatever, where can I buy just the fabric without the foam backing? Thanks guys.

2012-06-17_12-33-01_412.jpg

2012-06-17_12-34-10_115.jpg

Come on guys, I know some of you have a sunroof. All I need to know is if I need to buy headliner with foam like the rest or special without foam?

Mine is just the fabric, no foam under it. Its also falling off and am replacing it this summer. I need to replace the headliner too, I am getting some fabric from walmart! You can choose whatever you want and just glue it on :)

Back
Top Bottom