Heater core replacement on a 1990 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater core replacement on a 1990 Aerostar.

papabear57

Reaction score
City, State
Stevenson,Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 Ford Aerostar
Hey everyone,
I'am new to the sight so just bear with me please!I need to know how and where to start to disassemble my dashboard to get to the Heatercore?My heatercore went out and need to repair it.Its a good running veichle and don't want to scrap it so i need to know how to change it and replace it with a new one please can someone help me please?Desperate in Washington.
papabear57:(

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the Aerostar section. You will need a special tool to remove the 2 hoses connected to the heater core. The unit is not hard to remove from under the dashboard (under the glove box).

so i don't have to tear the dash apart to get to the heater core?And are there any manuals out there that can show you step by step or not?

It's not that complicated. I was able to replace the heater core in my 89 without a manual. You could take a look at a Haynes or a Chilton's manual. This is what the tool looks like: http://www.etoolcart.com/chryslerfordheaterhosedisconnecttoolotc7413.aspx
OTC7413-L.jpg

Back