donaldbc

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Hey guys,

my work truck 1991 F-150 302 4x4 power steering went out. I have located the leak and am having trouble finding out what the name of the part is:

the leak is on the metal line that is coiled up and is connected to the rubber hose on the power steering pump. There is a hole in the metal line and the truck has zero power steering. Any help would be great in figuring out the name to this part.

Thanks guys.
Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought about it, but the fluid is still leaking out and I thought that the JB wouldn't stick, do you know what the name of the part is? My haynes manual doesn't say.

Thanks

Not sure, is it similar to a brake line? If so, it probably doesn't have a part #. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

From the power steering pump there are two lines....one feeds pressure (high pressure) and would be solid metal (no rubber), and the other returns fluid (low pressure) to the fluid resivoir. From what you are saying, the return line is leaking, but that wouldn't explain why you don't have power steering unless you are low on fluid.

Back