• Register Today It's free!

Help please!!

cobravnm85

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
Greetings! I'm new to the Ranger world, veteran of the automotive industry. I'm experienced in mostly Ford products as that is what I do for my living. I'd like to introduce you to my nightmare....

About two weeks ago I bought a 2wd 92 Ford Ranger. Just needed a clutch and slave cylinder. So I thought...
I replaced the clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder. Reassembled and truck won't run. I than bypassed the inertia switch by splicing in power from the fuel pump relay as the fuel pump was inoperable. I now have fuel pressure. I replaced the fuel pump and filter just to cover my bases. After that I threw in new Autolite plugs and wires along with one coil for the right side as it had a crack in it. I also just today installed a new ignition module. Here's the problem...

IT STILL WON'T START! I have spark very faintly on the left side but none on the right. I don't know where to go from here and really want to drive this truck. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Ryan

....What size engine do you have???..Did you properly reconnect the inertia switch???..

Back