• Register Today It's free!

Help!! Transmission Flush Problem

MikeTEC

Reaction score
City, State
Central Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer 4.6L
Just finished a Mobil 1 ATF change by flushing out 9 qts of old transmission fluid by disconnecting lower left(drivers side) 5/16 rubber cooler line. Did it one qt. at a time by starting my 93 EB, draining a qt. shutting it off and adding a qt. I have in all drained out 9 qts and put 9 back in. When I started it up and tried to put it into a gear, it will not eagage into a gear. Also, I can't touch any fluid on the dip stick. What is the problem? I sure need good help and advice fast! Thanks Mike

If there is no fluid on the dipstick start by adding another quart and rechecking the level. If there is any sign of fluid on the stick try running it through the gears, if not add more untill you see fluid on the stick. It just sounds to me like the tranny is low.

Thanks, MRBoyle. Believe that took care of the problem. Going to drive it some more before I put additional fluid in. Looks like it will take an additional 3 quarts in addition to the 9 orginal qts. I put in yesterday, making 12 in all. Hope this helps others. Again, thanks for your quick and helpful response. Mike

Back