• Register Today It's free!

Hi All

Floatman

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 EX, Ltd, 300A, V6
I am presently driving a 2015 F150 SCAB 4X4 Lariat. It is my 15th F150! It is probably my last. Not because I don't like the trucks anymore. I certainly do! Problem is I just don't need a truck anymore.

I was up at the dealer today picking up my wifes 2017 MKC, (which is a nice vehicle), and found myself ogling the Explorer sitting beside it. lol
I have not driven one yet, and will do that next week. I will also be spending a few hours going over posts in the this forum reading what you folks have to say about them, both pro and con.

The basic vehicle I'm looking at buying is a Limited, 3.5 V6, 4WD, 300A no glass roof, leather, trailer Class 3 hitch, splash guards and All weather floor mats. Hood deflector, First Aid kit.

Anybody out there with a similar package?

Anything I would not be able to live without that I should consider?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Floatman.:wave:
If the all weather floor mats are extra, I'd pass on them and look at either Husky or Weathertech liners. I personally prefer and have the Husky liners because unlike the Weathertech the Husky liners protect that carpeted area right to the door sill. They also have better 'dead pedal' coverage. The feature I use the most is the Adaptive Cruise Control. I use it almost every time I drive. Since my 3rd row seats are always stored, I also always get the cargo mat. The one I have now if the Ford Explorer one.
Here is a pic of my driver's side one; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...our-5th-gen-today.430705/page-30#post-3610674
Compare to Weathertech fronts; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...our-5th-gen-today.430705/page-34#post-3617986
One of a few threads; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/purchasing-husky-liners.447667/
BTW, love the moonroof. It makes the whole interior feel much more open.

Peter

Many thanks Peter for the detailed reply regarding the mats!
I have Weathertechs in my F150, and am very happy with them, but they do cover that "no mans land" right to the door sill. I wasn't aware that that carpeted strip would be open with the Ex mats.

I am happy with my Limited but I'd suggest the package with the BLIS (blind spot) system for sure and good call on the moonroof as I wish I didn't have it on mine.

Well, it's final!
My White gold Limited is officially ordered!
Pretty much as I had originally stated in my first post. Thanks to those that re
The folks at my dealership are super, and made the process easy. ( Just picked up my wifes MKC 2 weeks ago. That may have something to do with it.)

Back