The Lt.'s 98 XLT **Pictures are up check it out** | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Lt.'s 98 XLT **Pictures are up check it out**

Well for starters I guess that I will mention something about the audio set up and what I have planed. I am currently running:
Kenwood eXcelon head unit
High's
Kenwood 400X4 Amplifier (came with the truck)
(Front Doors) Alpine Type R Component Set (came with the truck)
(Rear Doors) Alpine Type R Component Set (came with the truck)
Low's
Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1 Power Amplifier
3 Crossfire BMF 10" subs in a vented box

Due to the fact that I do not have the power to push these things yet I have not put them in yet...
Low's (cont)
VR1000D Crossfire Amp certified at 1324 Watts
2 Crossfire BMF 12" subs in a vented box.

I am in need of a set of 1/0 gauge wire, another VR1000D amp, and 1 more BMF 12" sub. After I get those 3 things I think that I am going to try to take the truck to a competition and see how I do. I had the 2 12"s in my Pontiac and it was/is the loudest car in my state chapter of my car club.

I am going to have pictures of the truck up tomorrow. The weather has not been the best. Here is a picture that my brother sent me before he left WY.
Dan
thetruck.jpg

Here it is...98 Expo XLT AWD. 5.0 V8
Tell me what you think...
SD531411.jpg

SD531412.jpg

SD531415.jpg

It came with 2 full sets of Alpine Type R Components. One set in the front doors and one in the rear's.

SD531392.jpg

SD531394.jpg

SD531406.jpg

And a Kenwood 400watt amp pushing them. I am going to be replacing it with my big Rockford 4 chan.

SD531400.jpg

I put a little something in for the low lows to. 3 Crossfire BMF 10's

SD531401.jpg

SD531404.jpg

It also came with a brand new set of knobs for it...they are a little dirty from me "testing" them out.

SD531408.jpg

SD531409.jpg

It has a cracked tail light but I took care of that with this great e-bay special...as soon as I get them they are going on. It was cheaper to buy both of these vs. one stock one. :shock:
tails.jpg

But there it is like I said tell me what you think.
Dan

Back