Highest original parts mileage | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Highest original parts mileage

I can't compete in this thread, I just got my XLT with 68,000 a couple weeks ago, but I'm just glad to see someone out there with 200! I'll be really impressed if someone can top that!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am coming up to 210,000 on mine. be there by next week and only drive it maybe 3 miles 5 days a week.
Mine is low compared to some i have seen.
I got the 4.0L

I have 4L as well, just basic oil change every 3k and few little things but other than that, about 80% is hwy miles and I work out of my home so very little city driving as I bike it to supermarkets and most other things within a mile or two.

I got this one from AT&T as a "fleet lease", which they used to have, I called and asked how many vehicles would be needed to qualify as a "fleet". The guy said any number, I asked 1? He said yes.

Best lease deal I ever made, no down payment and payments of $330/mo at dealer invoice which at this case was $26k rather than $28K. Ordered it straight from Ford and bought it for $12K after lease was up.

I'm at 187k on my '97 4.0 SOHC...original engine/trans...Changed plugs/wires last fall, along with fuel filter and pcv valve. Have a k&n air intake in the garage waiting to go on. MPG has gone down lately....need to test my o2 sensors and cat converter...thinking they're all original.

Bought it with 170k, love this thing and it's been the best money i've spent for a vehicle!

155k and 147k for me

95 Explorer XLT with 206,200 miles with nothing fixed except a fuel line

120k on my Mountaineer (2000) only replaced the radiator which cracked but that's common in south fl with the crappy plastic design auto companies use today, 100k+ out of a radiator down here is very lucky. Other than that just normal maintenance, switched to m1 synthetic at 113k and I noticed a diff in driving and mpg avg higher by about 2. Put new control arms etc, plugs/wires recently etc. Only problem I have is trying to fig out how to fix wind noise coming in as a whistle from the driver and passenger windows, new seals/stripping didn't work.

96 5.0

transfer case was replaced 1000 mile before I bought it (about 124K)
at 214K I swapped the transfercase to a 4406 manual
it now has 216K

181K on my 97 Mounty. All that I know has been changed are the plugs/wires, alternator, battery, tires, pads/rotors, and some bulbs.

Just passed 250K miles

In post #49 I'd reported 225K miles on my '98 XLT SOHC - I just passed 250K miles still on original engine and transmission. Since post #49 I've done:

replaced both lower ball joints
replaced sway bar bushings
repaired from passenger door handle springs
fixed rear window wiper

That's the good news. The bad news is that the SOHC death rattle has started. Bummer. I'm now nervously reading the threads on replacing the front tensioner. Gulp.

97 EB 5.0 2WD - Over 235K miles. All engine/trans original except water pump and camshaft sensor. All suspension original. All major systems work. Just one or two niggling little issues that pretty much aren't worth fixing. Would get in truck and drive cross country with little concern. Grew up a GM guy, but this and wife's Lincoln Navigator (98, 250K+) plus Ford not taking bailout money have changed my mind.

91 Explorer XLT just blew the tranny at 284,000 miles. Put in a used one. Motor has never been touched.

some things we replaced:
cooling fan (blades were cracking)
Alternator
Battery
Battery cables
plugs and wires
hubs twice (now they are lockouts)
tires of course
heater core
ignition switch
radio
struts that hold up rear glass
armrest on center console
u joints
front end bushings
other than that just regular maintenance

01 5.0 139,000 Replaced wheel bearings, waterpump, shocks, u-joints, ball joints, front cover gasket, RF CV Axle, and had the rear-end rebuilt (bearings were shot). But everything else is original. I would like to point out that it had 80,000 miles on it when I got it and had been neglected.

An update, my '95 XLT 4x4 is now at 314K, got the noisiest tires I've ever had on it and hate my tire store now. The squeaky tailgate I finally fixed by adjusting the LOOSE latch bolts. Now I hear a new, annoying rattle/squeak at 42-50MPH, from under the hood I think, sounds like a cross between a faint cam sync squeak and some loose metal. I fear it is chain guides, but doesn't really sound like that. Any ideas? Anyways, we took a bit of a trip to San Diego, cause the wife's '98 Saab 900 with 168K on it worried her. The old EX will not die. Long live the EX!

250,000km on all original 99 explorer 4x4.

My dad has 450 000 km all original on his 05 f250 diesel

just crossed 160,000 on my 2000. Salvaged and rusty from the previous owner but shes the only car we take outta state...... every weekend

215k on my '93.

engine is original except the heads (previous owner ran it out of coolant and cracked them).

the trans was original (i think).. it started slipping second gear a couple days ago and i just ordered a new trans for it today (with a bunch of upgraded parts) (yay!) i was probably asking for trans failure though since i tow other cars and trucks, and a boat with it regularly... (no, not all at the same time)

99 with 287,000 just did tranny service still going strong no other problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 114,000 miles on my 1996.

Back