Naked 1st Gen!!!

Gadget X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gibsonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 5-speed
Well, I finally decided to really get in there and clean out the ex! Just figured I would post some pics of the interior in case anybody needs to know where things are.
From the back,
IMG_1279.jpg

The stock amp location on the pass. side,
IMG_1275.jpg

and the 4x4 computer on the driver's side.
IMG_1274.jpg

Hope that helps anybody trying to find where things are, or for somebody that just wants to see pervy pics of my ex!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool. what you planning to do?

I think your vacuum was set a little too high.

holy **** may jan! talk about deep cleaning.

Yeah, that's the last time I use the "high" setting on the shop vac! I'm shampooing and scrubbing all of the interior pieces to get that new-car look again! I am also replacing the headliner, which was really starting to look ratty. It was nice to see that there was no rust or anything under the upholstery, and I even found the assembly line details sheet under the carpet from when the ex was being put together!

i would just put the seats back and leave it like that lol.

heck with the stock seats just gets some plastic buggy seats use them for a true fun truck that all ya gots to do is wash it out front to back LOL.

Spilled drinks no worry mud from playing so what hose it out!

i would just put the seats back and leave it like that lol.
Yeah, I thought about that too, but I wanted it to look factory and clean for a change. Here's what I ended up with:
I think it looks pretty darn good for a truck that's almost 17 years old!
1st from the rear:
IMG_1294.jpg

Pass. side photos:
IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

Driver's side photos:
IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

My new funky-patterned headliner!
IMG_1299.jpg

I think it looks pretty good now! What do you think?

Looks good to me!

I kind of what to strip mine out also but not to clean it as I have done that before. this time I want to mossy Oak camo the inside then paint the truck a dark olive green or black out side and when it is stripped paint the jams and stuff like that.

what exactly do you mean by "mudproof"

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I wanted it to look factory and clean for a change. Here's what I ended up with:
I think it looks pretty darn good for a truck that's almost 17 years old!
1st from the rear:

My new funky-patterned headliner!
IMG_1299.jpg

I think it looks pretty good now! What do you think?

Looks better than good! Hard to tell from the photo but is that a new headliner from a kit, or DIY? What was involved in the restoration process?

believe it or not, I used a patterned bedsheet, and just used headliner adhesive from the auto parts store and just covered it over the "old" headliner! It worked a lot better than I had expected! I just had to take out the headliner, lay it out in my kitchen floor, and then go to town on it. It didn't take too long, but it's almost impossible to keep from getting wrinkles in it when using a sheet!

believe it or not, I used a patterned bedsheet, and just used headliner adhesive from the auto parts store and just covered it over the "old" headliner! It worked a lot better than I had expected! I just had to take out the headliner, lay it out in my kitchen floor, and then go to town on it. It didn't take too long, but it's almost impossible to keep from getting wrinkles in it when using a sheet!

Creative! I've been eyeing some of the kits available online but I like your solution... Pretty cool and custom look.

looks brand new. needs you to do something dirty in the car now lol

Looks good to me!

I kind of what to strip mine out also but not to clean it as I have done that before. this time I want to mossy Oak camo the inside then paint the truck a dark olive green or black out side and when it is stripped paint the jams and stuff like that.

GOOD IDEA! the inside of my truck all the trim & headliner is camo, i love it. unfortinatly i didn't do it, the owner befor me did, we don't have the same standards so some of it is getting redone.

GOOD IDEA! the inside of my truck all the trim & headliner is camo, i love it. unfortinatly i didn't do it, the owner befor me did, we don't have the same standards so some of it is getting redone.

Lets see pics.

Fantastic project. I can't imagine getting all those panels back in snug and correct. I have so many screws missing anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im planning on pulling all the carpet eventually

Back