Homemade Cold Air Intake? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homemade Cold Air Intake?

Brad it is a 97 or 98

4.3 4 door with the ground effects kit and no mods to it just stock. Do I have a good chance at beating him. I have Bosch platnium plugs accell racing wires and that is about it right now.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think your explorer is still heavier:( What kind of gears do you have fred?City Block race?

stop light to stop light

this would only be a block race and yes, my truck is probably heavier

What kind of gears do you have Fred:D

stock ones

Ihavent changed any of the gears in my x so, they are the stock ones

Ihave 3.27 you might have 3.55 or 3.73 get you axel code off of the inside of your drivers door.If you have a 3.73 or higher it will better your chances at dusting him:D

Got my Billet Grill yesterday

Yep, got my new billet grill and boy does it look real nice and it came with a hood release extender and I got it for just a little over 100 dollars. Not too bad for a nice billet grill. I will be putting it on, on either Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Probably on Thursday and the guy who has my hood scoops is either going to bring them to me today or tommorow if he gets a chance. They are painted and ready to go. Then I will only need to make a intake tube for my soon to come KKM. After you get it, let me know how much I owe you and I will send you a money order for that amount.

Fred

Glad to see you got your stuff,cant wait for pics:D That intake would even be easier to make,thanks for the pics,did he give you a list on what he used?thanks Fred

Brad not yet

I just emailed him and I am sure he will and I will pass it along to you and then we can both have one for our X's and roll around town looking bad and tough

My shocks are the vst's Fred

Thanks for the info fred I am glad you finally get your limited air dam:D

It is not in my posession yet

Yeah, I looked long and hard and I came across a good person Limited X who took care of what I needed and he is an awesome guy and I really love his lifted Limited X and he finally got another stereo after some dam idiot broke into his truck and stolen the previous one. Lift the truck up is what he said he is going to do and that will definatly be better than an alarm. Who the heck is going to wanna climb up a truck to see what is inside most thiefs look for the lowered trucks and cars. I think he should tint the windows real dark too.:D

He needs to get a bad ass alarm like yours Fred:D

I agree

IF you have a bad azz toy, you must have a really good alarm to protect it. Mine has a pager on it so, if someone messes with it I am there right away. I can also hear if someone messes with it because my pager will go off and it is right out side my window

Lets just say

You mess with my truck, its just like messing with me or any of my family members you are going to get hurt in a bad way. That person will feel some massive pain. I know Brad, your the same way when it comes to your badd azz truck. Your a big guy like me ruff and tuff, and your truck is ruff and tuff.:D

I hear you Fred

I find someone messing with my ride I will through them under the wheels and run over them a couple of times:D I started on the intake last night fred I need to find out the size of the pipe:D

cool

So, when should I expect mine done? Just kidding bud I know that will look really good on your ride.:D

If mine comes out good,which I know it will I will make you one:D

You are awesome Brad

You are the man with the master plan and you are just awesome and a dam good friend. You are one cool guy who looks out for a fellow X owner. I am glad I got to meet such a cool guy.:D

Elite,do you think it would matter if you changed the pipe size to 3 inch?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem buddy

Same right back at you Fred,I will be glad to help you,we have to get your ex all buffed up so you can whip that blazer.Did you ever get the axel code off your door?

Back