How I make the door not lock when ignition turned on? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How I make the door not lock when ignition turned on?

nickrahn

Reaction score
City, State
Loganville, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Hey Guys,
So I go out to the explorer in the morning to warm it up and when i wand to leave I relized I forgot to unlock doors before I closed the door. I find that the doors locking when the ignition is turned on is very annoying. I never lock my doors and when they decide when to lock it's just not cool. I tried taking out the fuse but all that did was make it so I couldn't use the door switch.
Anyone know how to disable the door locks when I turn ignition on? and will I still be able to use the door locks the rare occurrence I do want to lock the doors?
Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never seen a 1st gen do that on its own. Only with aftermarket alarms. It a setting that can normally be tuned off, but each alarm is different in how they are programmed.

~Mark

remove your security system.

I've never seen a 1st gen do that on its own. Only with aftermarket alarms. It a setting that can normally be tuned off, but each alarm is different in how they are programmed.

~Mark

I don't have a security system. I don't even have keyless entry. I thought all explorers did that. It's a eddie bauer maybe that's why it does it. All I know is I have no security system and when I turn the ignition on the doors lock. It's annoying.

maybe if you remove the fuse to something check in your fuse panel maybe like the doorlock system see it does anything? or some kind of security system in the car. i guess if push comes to shove disconnect them and wire them directly to the main power and use the door switch to open and close them?

Back