How To: Install F150 Ford Emblem Backup Camera in Sport Trac | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Install F150 Ford Emblem Backup Camera in Sport Trac

what connector are you looking for? if you are going to hook up a camera you need an interface.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, I have a 2010 factory nav unit with the rear camera input turn on. I had the radio repaired by United Radio and had them enable the RVC. All I need now is the connector to the back of the radio and obviously run the wires and install the camera...

Thats the actual navigation unit I have yes. It's not Ford though. It's way better. I got it on Ebay from trustigo. It has Navigation, DVD playback, Picture and Video viewer, optional digital TV tuner, multiple video in and outputs, 3 usb ports, Bluetooth cellphone interface with visor mic, Ipod interface, Windows CE 6.0 with Word, Excel, etc. Really a very nice setup. It was only $599 plus shipping. I was skeptical at first, but this unit is awesome. I used to have a Pioneer navigation unit in my old F150 and this thing is 100 times faster, cleaner, and way more functional. It has Igo8 nav software which is very good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-DVD-GPS-Navigation-Stereo-Deck-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230ca44acdQQitemZ150535949005QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Also, it interfaces with the factory canbus system. Pretty much plug and play. Steering wheel controls work as well as the delay until you open the doors. It comes with all of the harnesses you need to hook it up. The only thing I had to add was a subwoofer crossover since the sub output of the receiver is full range. I used it with my factory sub. I also had to put a 2.2K ohm resister inline in the sub power feed to make it compatible with the OEM system. Very easy if you have car audio installation experience.

The best thing about this unit is that it looks OEM. It fits the hole perfectly unlike a double din aftermarket kit. Very pleased overall.

Hi 84convertablegt,

I have exactly the same HU as shown in your pics, with all the harness and stuff, can you show me how to get the subwoofer working, i have a Explorer 2010 model, really appreciate your help, i have been in touch with Metra, they ask for the brand of the music system, there is no branding seen.

Bougth the HU about 7 months and not used since i cannot get the bass working, stuck with the Original 6 cd changer. also would need help how to have the navigation software working possibly alos with a link to the Nav software.

Thanks a lot
Steve

Hi 84convertablegt,

I have exactly the same HU as shown in your pics, with all the harness and stuff, can you show me how to get the subwoofer working, i have a Explorer 2010 model, really appreciate your help, i have been in touch with Metra, they ask for the brand of the music system, there is no branding seen.

Bougth the HU about 7 months and not used since i cannot get the bass working, stuck with the Original 6 cd changer. also would need help how to have the navigation software working possibly alos with a link to the Nav software.

Thanks a lot
Steve

I can't help you on the sub wiring. But contact Trustigo to help you out on the navigation. I had several problems with mine getting to work since I live in AK. Anyway, he was very helpful getting it to work for me. He had me do some tweaks with the settings and work fine afterwards. He also has the updates as well if I remember correctly.

I can't help you on the sub wiring. But contact Trustigo to help you out on the navigation. I had several problems with mine getting to work since I live in AK. Anyway, he was very helpful getting it to work for me. He had me do some tweaks with the settings and work fine afterwards. He also has the updates as well if I remember correctly.

Thanks jupiterak for your reply, in fact i seen 84convertablegt post about making the subwoofer work, was wondering if he could help, am desperate to have it working.

for the navigation i shall get in touch with Trustigo, thanks a lot for your tip

Back