• Register Today It's free!

Hub Conversion

hopewell

Reaction score
City, State
Red Bank, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
The Automatic hubs on my 1994 XLT (198K miles) are as they say - done for.

I'm going to convert to manual hubs rather than replace with new automatic.

Seems like there is a choice between Warn and Mile Marker for the manual retrofit.

Anyone care to suggest a preference between these two manufacturers??

Thanks,
Hopewell

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with the Warns. You won't be dissapointed. I ran them for 3 years with 33's and have had them over a year with 35's and I just broke my first one last week. Other than than I have not had any problems with them. They are very strong and hold up well to abuse.

WARN's been good to me

I converted to WARNs hubs right before winter and they've been awsome all through the season. Thank god I got them cuz they've got me out of a lot of messes in the snow. Although I havn't had them that long, they have been very reliable and durable while I have had them. They are a lot better than my auto hubs were, I feel them lock completely up front and I can spin both front tires with them so I know they're working well. I don't have any expirience with any other brands so I dunno what to tell you with them. But I don't think you could go wrong with WARNs hubs.

Gentlemen:

Thank you both for your response. As the choice is "unanimous" I'm going with Warn.

Hopewell.

Definately WARN. I have a write-up on my website showing how to install them.

Back