• Register Today It's free!

I got started on the engine

Pheonixx77

City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
did some painting last couple days, im pretty stoked how it came out. BTW thats all paint, no stickers. I used a bottle of flat black touch up paint to do all the black you see. :) I painted the battery box yellow as well, but no way im spending that much time blacking in all those letters.

I am actualy considering doing the liner on top in hi temp black and the ford logo in hi temp yellow. not sure yet though.

Also the upper intake is plastic, or similar...im tempted to paint that as well :p

STA50001.jpg

STA50002.jpg

STA50006.jpg

STA50003.jpg

STA50004.jpg

STA50005.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that looks very clean man, awesome!

Very impressive!

That looks so good that you've inspired me to clean up my engine a little before putting it back in the vehicle. I think I'll spray the cast iron block Ford blue and the cast iron exhaust manifolds aluminum. That might go well with the aluminum heads and block cradle and the black lower oil pan.

hehe thanks, whait til you see what i do with the airbox...

where did i put my drill.....

Great attention to detail. That ST is an interesting color yellow. Seems a little on the 'canary' side.

That looks so good that you've inspired me to clean up my engine a little before putting it back in the vehicle. I think I'll spray the cast iron block Ford blue and the cast iron exhaust manifolds aluminum. That might go well with the aluminum heads and block cradle and the black lower oil pan.

For the exhaust do not waste your time with paint. It will burn off.

Try this

http://www.eastwood.com/calyx-manifold-coating.html

there is also a do it yourself ceramic liquid
http://www.eastwood.com/tlc-titanium-ceramic-coating-4-oz.html

Great attention to detail. That ST is an interesting color yellow. Seems a little on the 'canary' side.

the truck is actually zink yellow, however the paint i used for those plastic parts is the closest thing i could find around town. you will also notice some on the front of the engine near the radiator, thats where i cleaned up some rust.

:yelexp::yelexp::yelexp::yelexp::yelexp::yelexp::yelexp::yelexp:!!

Back