I JUST PURCHASED AN A14 NAVIGATION CHIP...ANY INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE TO GET IT TO WORK PROPERLY ???? THE NAVIGATION KEEPS FADING IN AND OUT. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I JUST PURCHASED AN A14 NAVIGATION CHIP...ANY INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE TO GET IT TO WORK PROPERLY ???? THE NAVIGATION KEEPS FADING IN AND OUT.

my2015Ride

Reaction score
City, State
BOWLING GREEN OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FORD EXPLORER
I HAVE A 2015 FORD EXPLORER THAT THE NAVIGATION EXPIRED. I CALLED FORD...THEY SAID TO ORDER THE A14 CHIP....HOW DO I INSTALL THIS CHIP ???? DO I NEED TO REBOOT ANYTHING ??? PLEASE HELP THIS 74 YEAR OLD MAN...THANKS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I've been on here for 13 years and this is the first I've heard of the Navigation expiring.Does the navigation work at all? What are the symptoms you are experiencing?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I've been on here for 13 years and this is the first I've heard of the Navigation expiring.Does the navigation work at all? What are the symptoms you are experiencing?

Peter
PETER IT STOPPED WORKING ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO...I CALLED FORD HELP...THEY TOLD ME I NEEDED THE A12 CHIP. WE PUT IT IN THIS AM..IT WORKED FOR A WHILE...THEN CUT OUT EVERY SO OFTEN AND THEN WOULD COME BACK ON...WE RECD IT WITH ZERO INSTRUCTIONS

Okay, you are talking about updating the maps by using an SD card. I'm guessing A12 or A14 is the latest update. You mentioned both.I believe all you have to do is to remove the old card and put in the new one. It has been a few years since I had to use SD cards for navigation.

Peter

Any update??

Peter

WE FOUND INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW TO INSTALL...IT WORKED FOR A WHILE...FADES AWAY...THEN COMES BACK ON AND RESUMES DIRECTIONS....STEVE

WE FOUND INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW TO INSTALL...IT WORKED FOR A WHILE...FADES AWAY...THEN COMES BACK ON AND RESUMES DIRECTIONS....STEVE
I don't know exactly what "fades away" means. The navigation should not stop working if everything is in order.
Also, I resent my PM (private message) to you.

Peter

Back