Ideas!? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideas!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have any idea how to lower it slightly...I don't want it to look ghetto, just street...again, similar to [MENTION=15053]3FordFamily[/MENTION] lol...or is yours even lowered...I like the way the tires just kind on sink nice into the well

You have any suspension mods [MENTION=15053]3FordFamily[/MENTION]? What size tire and wheel? Any rub? Sorry to keep calling you out, not trying to be a fan boy or anything, but honestly your ex has the exact look I'm going for

I have never lowered a truck but I have lowered cars and they ride like crap!

My tires are 265/40/22 I believe. Bigger than recommended because I wanted sufficient meat on tires. The 265/35/22 looks tiny in these large wheel wells, IMO

If you lower it you'll probably be stuck with 265/35/22 and it will probably ride like a wagon lol

Thanks man...anything helps...what color wheels you have on it?
Mine are black. The whole car is actually black still working on it a little here and there.
Here is a pic from the summer when it still had the white headlights:
WlkVm2Cl.jpg

Here's a kinda better pic of the headlights it currently has when I was messing around with my turbo (as you can see it isn't hooked up at all it was a joke)
ziC6Gk9l.jpg

This summer I am giving it to my brother for a car while I am at college but once I get it back (hopefully it will be my 2nd car so it can be a project car) I plan on getting these rims and powdering coating them black:
6aq9C7Pl.jpg

Black on black always looks good...I'm just scared this brownish gray on mine won't look good with black

Probably won't lower it then. Do you have any rub at all?

No rub.

Black on black always looks good...I'm just scared this brownish gray on mine won't look good with black

When black, it hilights the gray and less the brownish hue. In most lights the color is gray but around dusk and dawn it looks more brown. Did you see it on my f150? I am 99% sure it's the same color.

Yeah, I checked out your YouTube channel too...I couldn't find many videos on your newer ex, but the other ex on there is pretty sweet! I'm getting my transmission rebuilt tomorrow, after that comes cosmetics!

I wouldn't mind a performance minded 1" drop and level but I keep hearing that is is not possible on a 4wd 4th gen EX... something about the half shafts running through holes in the frame and will quickly cause clearance issues

picture after I added the black bull bar but before I added the KC lights
1zq820i.jpg

Yeah, I checked out your YouTube channel too...I couldn't find many videos on your newer ex, but the other ex on there is pretty sweet! I'm getting my transmission rebuilt tomorrow, after that comes cosmetics!

yeah the videos are of my old rides, that's true. The photos I posted though are recent.

Wow that's very similar to my stable. Just replace the Fusion with a Focus ST you're looking at me lol

That's awesome!

Shelby supercharged will be my next investment!

Here is my '06 Eddie Bauer, it is brownish gray. I had a hard time finding photos of black headlights on this color, I had a silver/grayish Ranger with black housings and loved it but wasn't sure about this gray. Decided to go for it and I'm very happy! Just gotta do something about my gross fog lights next and then I'll really be happy.

20150404_160530_zpsaygw0eyl.jpg

I really like the 4th gen lowers once you put something around 8000k in all 4 sockets.... one day Ill get around to doing 10,000k HID's in all 4... I am just afraid that something will go wrong and they will not match

ess1428789425636_zpshierhodx.jpg
Just added the roof rack. Sanded it down and repainted it a gloss black because it was only powder coated. I will be blacking out my rims soon and repainting my grille a gloss black i think it would look better.

Alright so I started my customization project and ran into an issue...while I was washing it a huge chunk of chrome came off my grill...cheap [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] foil sh*t...I went ahead and ordered a new bentley grill but refuse to drive it around with the grill in the current condition...so while I wait for it to come in I decided to remove the current grill and repaint it black...even though it will only be on for two weeks till my bentley grill comes in. My problem is that I can't get this damn chrome off in large pieces. I have read all the other posts but nothing works well. The best method I have found is the torch method, but even it is terribly slow and painful. Anyone have any other ideas for removing this chrome? I spent probably 4 hours trying today and am less than half way done and covered in cuts lol...I have to get this done tomorrow because I will have to drive my truck to work tomorrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you tried a propane torch.. it takes it off quick and easy..... dont melt anything because it does not take long to get that stuff to bubble and flake right off

Back