Incentive question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentive question

Mishtar

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
I posted this question to Craig from Ford on the facebook page.

Would love to see what other people think about this and if you agree with me and if not then why.

Craig. Can you look into something for me please. I am having issues talking to Ford.ca I can only get an operator who only answers no but is not willing to ask the question further up the chain. As per the post down a page or so there was a "reward" for people in Canada who pre-ordered between 1 Oct and 31 October to... get $1000 in options "as a reward for being the among the first to order"

Now the february Incentive is $1000. towards options, accessories or off the price of your vehicle and it is open to multiple vehicles. I want to know if I can combine them. I would assume from a legal stand point that I can as the first on...e says it is a reward for people who pre-ordered and only pre-orders. If they are not able to combine the two then it means someone who walks on the lot today can get the same "reward" I received for pre-ordering which would mean there was no reward to pre-order as everyone gets the same thing, which would kind of lean towards false advertising in my eyes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted this question to Craig from Ford on the facebook page.

Would love to see what other people think about this and if you agree with me and if not then why.

Craig. Can you look into something for me please. I am having issues talking to Ford.ca I can only get an operator who only answers no but is not willing to ask the question further up the chain. As per the post down a page or so there was a "reward" for people in Canada who pre-ordered between 1 Oct and 31 October to... get $1000 in options "as a reward for being the among the first to order"

Now the february Incentive is $1000. towards options, accessories or off the price of your vehicle and it is open to multiple vehicles. I want to know if I can combine them. I would assume from a legal stand point that I can as the first on...e says it is a reward for people who pre-ordered and only pre-orders. If they are not able to combine the two then it means someone who walks on the lot today can get the same "reward" I received for pre-ordering which would mean there was no reward to pre-order as everyone gets the same thing, which would kind of lean towards false advertising in my eyes.
Good luck Mishtar. When I first saw that 'Pre-order' program it was to end Nov. 30th (hadn't checked it out before), then it was eventually extended to Dec. 31st. I ordered mine on Dec. 20th and qualified for it. I doubt very much that the two offers can be combined but it would be nice to have another $1000 knocked off!;)

Interesting way to put it. For US buyers we just got a flat $500 off for pre-ordering (before Dec 1st I think it was). Nothing about going towards options/accessories. We are also able to combine it with the $1000 incentive right now (not sure who in their right mind would choose the crappy APR rates instead).

Here is the thing though. The pre-order was not under incentives it listed no incentives are available for this vehicle at this time, this was a different window that opened when you were just looking at the Explorer page. So if no incentives were available and this was just a pre-order reward we should qualify for the incentives.

Here is the thing though. The pre-order was not under incentives it listed no incentives are available for this vehicle at this time, this was a different window that opened when you were just looking at the Explorer page. So if no incentives were available and this was just a pre-order reward we should qualify for the incentives.
Sounds too good to be true though. I'll be calling my salesman on Friday to see if he has any info on my order and I'll ask him about it. Not sure if he would know but worth a shot.

I called Ford.ca and they said to ask the dealers. I think that is total BS the dealer does not get the say it is the Ford.ca website that has it, and it si them who will be giving the money off not the actual dealer. Over all I was not happy with the hour I spent on the phone with them, then just ended up calling my dealer and asked what they thought and they of course said no. It should be something their legal department sorts out.

I called Ford.ca and they said to ask the dealers. I think that is total BS the dealer does not get the say it is the Ford.ca website that has it, and it si them who will be giving the money off not the actual dealer. Over all I was not happy with the hour I spent on the phone with them, then just ended up calling my dealer and asked what they thought and they of course said no. It should be something their legal department sorts out.
My salesman just called to ley me know that their dealer ordered white Ex has finally come in. Will go out tomorrow to have a look if the weather isn't too bad. I asked him about this latest incentive and he said it's either one or the other, not both.

So then comes the question.....WTF did they call it a "reward" for people who pre-order before a certain date when you can walk in off the street today and get the same "reward". I still think if I had lawyers like Ford i could win this aurgement since it was not listed under incentives on their website so it should not affect this actual incentive.

So.... I got this out of the US Explorer Marketing Manager. (trying to get a hold of a Canadian is liking pulling teeth for an actual Canadian customer.)

Don - From my Canadian counterpart: "The Canadian Early Order Incentive is indeed combinable with other incentives that are in the marketplace (at the time of order or delivery). For more details, please contact your Ford of Canada Dealer. Thank you for pre-ordering your Explorer!" Craig

So.... I got this out of the US Explorer Marketing Manager. (trying to get a hold of a Canadian is liking pulling teeth for an actual Canadian customer.)

Don - From my Canadian counterpart: "The Canadian Early Order Incentive is indeed combinable with other incentives that are in the marketplace (at the time of order or delivery). For more details, please contact your Ford of Canada Dealer. Thank you for pre-ordering your Explorer!" Craig
I showed my salesman the response you received and spoke with Ford Canada customer service today and both say the offers cannot be combined. I'm now very interested to see what the final outcome will be since you are very likely to receive your Explorer before I do. :scratch: Mine doesn't have a build date yet!

UPDATE: Just read your other post on the answer you got back from the Canadian Marketing manager. Please let us know if you were indeed able to combine them when you take delivery of your Explorer. That, I guess, will be the ultimate test. Wishing you all the best on behalf of all those Canadians who are sitting around playing the 'waiting' game. Thanks for all your effort.

I won't be getting my until the 28th now. Was scheduled to be built the 7th delivered the 21st now it is to be built the 8th but not delivered until the 28th. Not sure why my delivery date was changed a whole week when my build date was only changed by a day.

I am not able to combine them because I got the Costco deal plus the early incentive. But if you read my other post on this it is from the Canadian Market Manager and he said you can combine the Costco or the deal now with the early order bonus.

Here it is from the post Labeled For any Canadians who pre-ordered.

"I would like to confirm that your Early Order incentive#will be#combinable with the other retail programs in the market at the time you take delivery of your new vehicle.
As discussed, we cannot confirm what the offers will be ahead of time since they are always subject to change in our very competitive environment.
#
Please keep this confirmation in your file but your dealership is also aware of the Early Incentive Program.
#
I truly hope you will enjoy your new vehicle,
#
Yours truly
#
Nick xxxxx | Marketing Plans Manager, SUV/CUV - | Ford Motor Company, Canada "

He said it was a one time thing and it is not like a loyalty bonus it is a reward for ordering first. He said he has talked to the Customer service people but if you are having issues when yours gets here let me know and I will have him call you and you can get him to call your dealer. Nic seems like a nice guy he was still replying to emails from me at 10pm or so his time last night lol.

Don

Mishtar, did you get that update from Cory? I sent him a message on FB last night asking about my expected-new build/delivery dates but haven't heard from him yet. I assume my build date got kicked back a day but will be pissed if the delivery date was kicked back an entire week. I've been trying to time my financing just right.

My original dates were 2/3 build (today) and 2/7 delivery (being close to Chicago). I also asked him if vehicles were loaded to transport every week, every other week or continually throughout the week. I will post his response when I get it.

I did get my update from Cory.

I did get my update from Cory.

Hmm, the 2 other times I've messaged Cory he's responded the next day, in the morning. People on FB speculated he couldn't make it to work today but seeing how he replied to you, I doubt that was the case. There was one other person waiting to hear from him too, but they didn't say when they messaged him.

There is a Explorer owners discount my dealer gave me $1500 since I am trading one in.

Nomad you do not even need to trade your Explorer in to get that deal. You just have to prove you own a Explorer.

Back