• Register Today It's free!

install rear speakers?

kc fhs 27

Reaction score
City, State
palatine, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I can't find how to install the rear-speakers by myself, i unscrewed the screws and then the top panel comes off, but how do i get lower? Can someone help me out? I don't want to ruin the door over some new speakers

try looking at the quick help thread at the top of the audio forum page. Kris gives good instructions on how to remove the door panels.

Originally posted by kc fhs 27
I can't find how to install the rear-speakers by myself, i unscrewed the screws and then the top panel comes off, but how do i get lower? Can someone help me out? I don't want to ruin the door over some new speakers

PULL the rest of the door panel like you have never pulled before. loud noises are good. if the white push pins fall off the door panel and get stuck in the door, its a mother on your fingertips to get them out. but dont worry, it makes it easier each time you do it!

I can recommend a door panel removal tool from an autoparts store. Lift the lanel enough to slide it under and around the peg, then use it to pry the panel off. I also recommend using a piece of cotton cloth, from an old shirt for example, to put under the tool as you pry it off to protect your vehicle's paint.

Also, if you break a peg, you can buy more at a Ford dealer for 10 cents each (come in 10 packs). All the local places around here have them 5/$1.00, so for once, the Ford pegs are cheaper...

I hope this helps. I recently put four Kappas in all four doors and it is not as difficult as it seems.

Back