• Register Today It's free!

installing in dash screens

InS0mNiAc

Reaction score
City, State
Chatsworth, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport
I'm thinking about purchasing an indash screen i saw in the paper today, itz an all in one thing, tv/dvd/cd, its from kenwood. The dilema is that i can get it from goodguys for like 2500 installed, or i can get it online for 1800 shipped, my question is how much harder is it to install this than a regular headunit. I am very experienced in installin audio equipment, but this would be the first time i tackle a screen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not hard at all. The only difference is having the extra brain and also having a lot more wires to run. Audio and Video. You can check out my pictures in on my home page to see my install of a Kenwood KVT-910 and two headrest screens, PS2 and extra input/outputs (2). Let me know if you have any questions.

i already have a sony headunit in there, i guess my other question is where am I running these other av wires to? I'm not running any other screens, only the sub and amp and all those wires are already ran.

well i just picked it up today, had it installed though, whutever they did a damn good job! Anyways i can play video cd's other than dvd's the prob is im tryin to figure out what kind of vids. It says vcd's, does this mean that i gotta convert the files from .avi or .mpg to .vcd? I know this is kinda off the whole msg board topic but it is an audio headunit question!

yes you have to convert them to vcd format. d/l nero off of www.nero.com im sure other burning softwares have it but nero has a option where you just click on a vcd folder and it automatically converts the files into vcd. You can do this with music videos and movies its neat to be driving and be able to watch blade 2 or mib II when they arent even on video/dvd yet.

Back