Installing OEM JBL Stealth Sub Box. Have Questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing OEM JBL Stealth Sub Box. Have Questions.

badge49

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4X4
Picked one of these up today:
2dt1ybp.jpg

I have all the screws and brackets for installation into my '97 XLT, but I don't know which wires for the JBL amp. are Power/AV/ACC./Ground.....etc.
Here's a picture of the wires:
2mfc42c.jpg

The wires in the picture, left to right, are black, green, red, dark green, and orange. The black and green wires are slightly larger than the others, so I asume these are pos./ground? Does anyone know which wires are which?:navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump...anyone installed one of these?

I didn't get any replies when I first made this thread. I'm giving my Alpine stuff to my roommate for his Mustang this weekend and I still haven't installed the stealth box.....is there a wire harness or adapter or something out there that I can use? I have a Pioneer head unit with AV/RCA outputs. I wouldn't think this would be a hard thing to do, but I don't want to tear apart my interior paneling without knowing what I'm doing.:navajo:

according to the schematic at the ebsco site:

To Sub Amp:
DK Green/Purple - mute
Brown/Orange - input +
Red/Blk - input -
lt Green/Purple - Power
Blk/Lt Green - ground

To Sub speaker:
BLK/LT Grn - out +
Blk/WHT - out -

Scucci

Thanks guys, hopefully I can tear into this and get it done. I appriciate the help :)

Back