Intake Air Temp Sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake Air Temp Sensor

R

Rons95

I have a '95 Explorer with 60,000 miles that has been having intermittent trouble in hot weather for the last 2-3 years and is getting progressively worse. It started out not wanting to start on a hot restart only very occassionally. This started happening more frequently, so I took it to a Ford dealer, they checked for codes, there were none; they said it was a vapor lock problem & taking off and re-installing the fuel cap should help - it didn't. Now the motor is stalling while driving sometimes, only when hot. Last night I cleaned the MAF sensor the way that I have read about on this site. I also bought a Haynes manual ('91-'95) and read about the function of the intake air temp sensor. I am suspicious that this too could be part of my problem. This sensor is located in the long plastic air intake tube, past the MAF where the tube takes a turn into the throttle body. it is grey plastic with wires plugged into it. Has anybody had experience with this sensor; could it be causing the trouble I'm having ? I'm thinking of replacing it next if cleaning the MAF doesn't help. I appreciate any replies, Thanks, Ron.

Back