Wheres the Air Temp Sensor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheres the Air Temp Sensor

wtf dude. But now im out $5 for the shipping and a few cut spots in my wires. I thought about making my own cold air intake by getting a bigger intake tube and bolting a conical intake tube on it, but then id be down 40 for the k&n intake drop in i bought

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well this board is for learning. You should've done the research BEFORE you purchased! Put it in if you want, leave it out if you want. It's a lesson learned.

Bmwz389 said:
besides how do you know that it kills the truck if you havn't experienced it firsthand?

How do you know that putting your hand in a fire will burn like hell if you haven't experienced it?

Your logic is flawed.

Bmwz389 said:
well then what should i do. I paid for it, im not gonna be an idiot and throw it away...

Treat it as a lesson learned, don't be foolish twice.

Ya, it sucks when you spend money on nothing like that. Hell, the change machine at the beach screwed me out of $10 last night, but it happens. Its a lesson learned. Be rid of that resistor thing, make up or buy a custom intake, and sell the K&N panel filter here. There are people that will buy them. You won't get all the money back from the filter, but it would be less a hit on your wallet.

They're all correct, you learned a lesson, at least let's hope. Drop-in panel filters are good for one thing, they last forever. Conical filters are for added power, throttle response and mileage. Threaten the "chip" guy for misleading you. It isn't a chip, it's a resistor. If you get your money back or not, it's a lesson learned and you won't (better not) make the same mistake twice.

Yea I'm gonna rape that guy in the ass tonight....And I did take it off, because it was making my engine temp run hot instead of cold, which was hurting performance as when my engine gets hot it runs muggy

Back