• Register Today It's free!

intake for 2004+

rama1200

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls
does any one know if there is a market cold air intake for explorers '04+ ?
I know kkm has an adaptor piece (aluminum maf housing) for their cone element...

but i was wondering if the macs, the volants, the k&ns already came up with something...

also, does any one know if the maf housing from an '02-'03 will fit an '04? if the maf housing from a v-8 larger/different from that of a v-6 (assuming the v-8 has a larger engine), and will it improve performance (or decrease mpg) if i get a maf housing from a v-8 and put it on my v-6?

thanks...

rama1200 said:
also, does any one know if the maf housing from an '02-'03 will fit an '04? if the maf housing from a v-8 larger/different from that of a v-6 (assuming the v-8 has a larger engine),

It will not work, as the 04-Up has a completely different MAF electronics package, with different output signals. It should also be noted that the 4.0L V6 integrated MAF tube in the airbox actually has a larger bore than that of the 4.6L V8.

i have the KKM intake on my 05 and i love it! definitely better than waiting another year for another company to come out with one. dont forget that you always fabricate your own chrome pipe if you really want the look.

Back