• Register Today It's free!

Intake Spacer Question

zachow3

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 5.0 AWD
Well i pulled off my upper intake manifold and removed all the cats on my exhaust(Im replacing them all) and now that my body has somewhat healed from spending 2 days underneath the truck I will be installing my Torque monster headers and cats. Once I have that done I will be installing a Trick Flow 1" spacer between the upper and lower intake manifolds. My question is about the mounting bolts with the spacer. From my forum searches I have read that I would need 2 longer bolts. One person said 5/16-18 5.5 and another said longer, like 7". From placing the 2 long bolts that came with the kit in the intake manifold and adding the additional 1" to that it looks like there would be very little thread engagement and their I think about 6". So what length is ideal? I havent found anything locally longer than 6". Want to get this truck up and running ASAP. I hope a few bolts wont stop me from that. Thanks, Brett

find a specialy fastener shop. they arent hardware stores... you can find them in the phone book, locally, i use a place called bhj fasteners, nationally you might try fastenal

Back