• Register Today It's free!

Intro and need some help

Choyero

Reaction score
City, State
Cabo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
hola I have a 2002 Ford Explorer that I keep in Cabo. It is close to mint and everything was done to it 3 years ago when I brought it down.
Last night we drove to dinner, pulled into the parking lot and it died completely. No sign of life whatsoever. I opened the fuse box and checked for a loose fuse to no avail. No cables available so couldn’t jump it. I’m not a gear head and I know diddly about vehicles. Would a battery simply die like that without indication. Help would be appreciated

There is always a chance it could be the battery. When they get low voltage any number of symptoms can show up. Best thing to diagnose is to get a multimeter (Volt meter) and check the voltage. You can get one cheap at stores that sell Truper hardware. If batter is good (12V) then you will need to check ALL fuses and relays.There are even some fuseable links that you will need to look for.. If you can get the battery out, take it somewhere to be charged and/or tested. A completely dead battery may be hard to jump start and will probably no longer hold a charge. If there is an AutoZone or LTH center close by, they can charge and test. I had my 05 in the Yucatan for almost 6 yrs. so I can tell you aabout getting parts. Welcome to the forum

Back