• Register Today It's free!

IPOD help in 1998 Mountaineer.

Danny049

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer V8 AWD
When I bought the Mounty, the owner mentioned that the radio didn't work at some point so he installed one from his son's Ranger. My question is: is there a way to tell what model number/features the radio has without removing it?

I'm looking at IPOD interfaces that plug into the CD Changer slot on the back of the radio. I do not have a changer, in-dash or other, the HU has AM/FM/Cassette/Single CD. Has features such as RDS and seems to be the same as a friends explorer radio.

Are the Mounty/Ranger radios the same?
Is there another way to hook up the IPOD?

BTW, the IPOD must be hooked up through the headphone jack, not the bottom part.

Let me know!! THANKS

You might want to have this moved...or start another thread...in the Audio forum. There are some pretty sharp guys that hang out there.

IPOD help for 1998 Mountaineer

When I bought the Mounty, the owner mentioned that the radio didn't work at some point so he installed one from his son's Ranger. My question is: is there a way to tell what model number/features the radio has without removing it?

I'm looking at IPOD interfaces that plug into the CD Changer slot on the back of the radio. I do not have a changer, in-dash or other, the HU has AM/FM/Cassette/Single CD. Has features such as RDS and seems to be the same as a friends explorer radio.

Are the Mounty/Ranger radios the same?
Is there another way to hook up the IPOD?

BTW, the IPOD must be hooked up through the headphone jack, not the bottom part.

Let me know!! THANKS

Back