Burns SAS thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Burns SAS thread

Well as a few of you know my X was messeed up a bit due to a accident. so i have been looking for a new plan.
i have my axles (d44/ford9") all i need is to choose what i am gonna do.
i was thinking about thiS:
In the front i plan to use whild horse 5.5 inch coils,
1005_cut.jpg

for radius arms i plan to use this.
1425LO~1.jpg

they are 12 inches longer that the stock radius arms.i have the whole frame from a 78 f-150 that i plan to get the coil buckets and steering off of.
i want to use a 37 inch tire and use 4.88 gears
i dont see a problem with any of this so i need some info to see if i have missed anything

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok ill take 150 for it. it just hit me that it has new bushings top and bottom and new spindle bearings.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I wouldn't get the glass fenders. If you fall against a rock or whatever kind of trails you have in TN, you'll just crack them. I had them on my old one front and back, but staying away from them on this one.

well i thought about that and im leaning on not getting them. plus they are expensive. but i might be doing a full outter cage incorprted with a roof rack and tied into my front bumper

true that probly would be a bad idea. i still want the cage. i done want one inside cause to run in spl with my system i dont think i can mess with the internal structure of the cab

i am to luckily i have a great buddy that owns his own shop and a explorer and im trying to get him to the full explorer bug. he is the one that helped me build my front bumper and i talked to him today about a exo cage and he is up for the challange. im gonna use masking tape in a few days to make the lines and see what i will want. however im not doing anthing to it till sat due to graduation.

just to say i have been looking at the moab pirtures and everyone needs to take a look at them they are great. cant wait till badlands

looks good :thumbsup: turned out great. got a good stance to it, wide and tall... NICE!! :) suprised how wide it is even with narrow tires/wheels.

i was driving it in town today and it gets a lot of looks around sparta. i love it

Hey, just a tip on your paint job....check your state and local laws before you paint it the same as a law enforcement vehicle. Here in Florida it is illegal to paint your vehicle using the same colors as the Highway Patrol. They even own the rights to the Tan that is used on the upper portion of their cars. Just FYI.

yeah that has been in thought so n a few days im stopping by the state troopers office.

ok today i got to test it out. it was great. i need to get longer shocks because they are stopin some travel but it was still good. i need to look into doin a higher steering setup. im afraid to drag it. ill post pics tomm

wow

i am in love with my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me-and-tosh.jpg

the gears were installed last sat and they went in rather smooth. it took about ten hours because we spent plenty of time working over everthing else on the d44.
gears1.jpg
front-end-empty.jpg

just thought about this but i did my airbox a long time ago (at aleast a year) and this is how i stopped water from gettin in. i put the stock tubing on upside down and fixed it where only air can get in through the top.
air-box.jpg

and yeah its almost to big.LOL
almost.jpg

im primering it all. me and a friend did the hood and fenders and then we just went out and crused town till almost eleven thirty. just lettin the system bump.

I have that same garage door opener. :D

So gear instAll WAS Pretty easy?

it went great only had to reshem once so we almost hit it on the money the first try. and the d44 is not as complex as i had first thought. i have never done it but my dad had done the rear when i was not here and it was just time consuming.

well the 26-28 was a big car show that was close to me so i decied to take the x up there to see what talk it would get. iv been invloved with a local car club for about two years now and we got to talkin that it would be cool to take a flex ramp down there and just let it flex out all day. so i had a friend call the rhino liner dealer and see if we could take there ramp down there so they said sure and i went and got it and had some fun in the front driveway.
fun-in-driveway.jpg
flex4.jpg

i did not get as far as i thought i would. im on a three inch block in the rear and i think rearched springs will flex better.
flex2.jpg

flex1.jpg

oh yeah the brother wanted a try.
flex3.jpg

Back